It may be July, but the Fletcher campus remains an active, vibrant place with visiting diplomats and business and military leaders from around the world.
In this month’s video report, I sat down with Senior Associate Dean for Business and Finance Bhaskar Chakravorti who also heads up the school’s Institute for Business in the Global Context. We discussed the work of IBGC and why a graduate education in international affairs is critical for 21st century business leaders.
We also discussed current events in India on the heels of the election of Prime Minister Modi—the largest democratic event in the history of mankind—and the Prime Minister’s first major budget announcement.
Also this month, my good friend, Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus was here July 2 discussing energy security and the Navy being at the forefront of energy sustainability. An engaging and terrific discussion.
We also had 25 high-level members of the Indian Foreign Service who attended Advanced Diplomatic Training at The Fletcher School at the end of June.
Thanks, as always, for watching.
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Media Roundup Week of July 19: Circumnavigating the Headlines from Turkey to Iran to China to Cuba
- Media Roundup Week of July 12: Err on the Side of Caution with Iran Deal
- Fletcher Launches Partnership with D.C.-based Think Tank Atlantic Council
- “Why Fletcher?” From the Security Studies Classroom to a Career in Journalism w/ NYT’s Thom Shanker
- Media Roundup Week of July 5: Grexit Could Cause NATO Issues