Here’s a quick update on what’s happening at Fletcher. We just returned from a terrific trip to São Paulo, Brazil — a dynamic hub of business and culture in Latin America. In addition to many engaging events with Fletcher alumni who live and work in Latin America, highlights included a visit to the Cardoso Institute, where we hosted a panel and discussed 21st century security and then former President Fernando Cardoso and I signed a Memorandum of Understanding between the Institute and The Fletcher School.
I also had the opportunity to participate on a panel discussion on the globalization of Brazilian business co-hosted with the Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado, and we signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Institute of International Relations at the University of São Paulo.
The trip was emblematic of the global engagement and community that make The Fletcher School such a special place. My sincere thanks to our alumni and friends for their help making Fletcher’s 2014 visit to São Paulo a success!
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Deadline Day for Iran Nuclear Talks, My Interviews with “Morning Joe” and Lou Dobbs
- Video Update: My Interview with Leila Fawaz on Her Book “A Land of Aching Hearts”
- Washington Post Op-Ed: Defending Italy from the Islamic State
- Brutal Techniques Part of ISIS’ Recruitment Strategy, Attempts to Provoke Regional Ground War
- ISIS Threatens Rome: My Interviews with CNN, MSNBC and Bloomberg