As the leaves change color here in Boston, marking the trees’ transition into winter dormancy, it seems like things are just beginning to heat up at The Fletcher School. We’re entering a peak period in our annual admissions recruitment cycle—attracting the best and brightest young people in international affairs to come study with us at Fletcher. I’m in the midst of preparing several lectures and visits to our vibrant network of alumni around the world. Finally, we’ve just kicked off a year-long strategic planning process—the first for Fletcher since 2004. The Fletcher Forum has a bit more about this in an interview with me on their website today.
As always, I look forward to hearing from our alumni and students and to seeing all of you in Medford, or during an upcoming visit to your city.
Here are some events for alumni coming up in the next few weeks. I will be speaking on cyber security in London.
- Boston, Nov. 21, 2013, Hampshire House: Student-Alumni Networking Event
- London, Dec. 7, 2013, Hellenic Centre: The 11th Annual Fletcher School London Symposium
For more information about these and other activities for alumni, please visit http://fletcher.tufts.edu/Alumni.
Thanks for watching and see you next month!
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Brutal Techniques Part of ISIS’ Recruitment Strategy, Attempts to Provoke Regional Ground War
- ISIS Threatens Rome: My Interviews with CNN, MSNBC and Bloomberg
- Announcing The Fletcher School’s Five Year Strategic Plan
- Sisyphus Just Needs a Hand: My OpEd on Washington’s Relationship with Europe
- War on the Rocks Reviews “The Accidental Admiral”