As I was reading through this article, on State-sponsored cyber interventions, I kept thinking about out modeling reading. A few questions:
- How, if at all, do the models that McQuail introduces help explain the various communication processes (identified in this article)?
- Would it be instructive to map the various state-sponsored activity? (Why/why not?)
- Do the examples mentioned in this article all:
- follow the same pattern
- engage the same variables?
- produce the same outcomes?
- If so, what do:
- the flows look like?
- the agents?
- the dynamics?
- the results?
If you’d like to take a crack at it here, go for it. Otherwise, let’s add this to the list of examples/possible exercises we can address in our review segment on McQuail tomorrow.
See you then!