The Trustees is hiring a Mobile Market Manager for their 2017 season. The position runs from May to November and will be a full-time (40 hrs/week), paid position.
The Trustees works to protect and maintain land throughout Massachusetts with “exceptional scenic, historic, or ecological value” for the enjoyment of current and future generations. They have worked to preserve more than 25,000 acres of land throughout the state for public use. They also sponsor a CSA program that distributes produce from four community farms: Appleton Farms in Ipswich, Powisset Farm in Dover, Weir River Farm in Hingham, and Chestnut Hill Farm in Southborough.
Launching this June, the Mobile Market is The Trustees’ new initiative, which will sell produce from above farms, as well as others, to Boston-area communities with limited access to fresh food. The Market will operate three days a week, making six stops throughout the community, at schools, public housing developments, and health and community centers.
Among other duties, the Mobile Market Manager will be required to:
- pick up and drop off the market vehicle form Powisset Farm in Dover, MA
- operate the market vehicle throughout various stops in Boston, conducting transactions and engaging with customers
- coordinate market logistics with community partners
- conduct marketing and outreach
- keep track of sales and inventory
- supervise Assistant Manager and volunteers
- work closely with Managers at the partner farms
Successful applicants will:
- have retail and/or customer service experience
- be passionate about food access and have some knowledge about farming in New England
- be energetic, good with people, and an excellent communicator
- have the ability to balance multiple responsibilities at once and remain organized
- have a valid driver’s license and be comfortable operating large vehicles
- have a satisfactory CORI
- be able to safely lift 50 lbs repeatedly
For more details and to apply for this job, click here.