Tufts Patrick Florance guest edited a special Crisis Mapping Edition of the Journal of Map & Geography Libraries 8 (2). The edition contains articles from Tufts Alums Patrick Meier, “Crisis Mapping in Action: How Open Source Software and Global Volunteer Networks Are Changing the World One map at a Time and Simcha Levental, “A New Geospatial Services Framework: How Disaster Preparedness Efforts Should Integrate Neography.” Patrick Florance also co-authored, “The Role of Data Repositories in Humanitarian Information Management and Crisis Mapping.”
Data Lab TwitterLoad More...
A new map released today that details croplands worldwide in the highest resolution yet! https://t.co/Gl8emtFoa0
Happy #GISDay! Did you know the first GIS Day took place in 1999? This ArcNews article from that year gives you a look at some of the wonderful events that took place around the world https://t.co/paB7KRDYJj #GIS #Geography
Check out some amazing maps from past volumes of the Atlas of Design and consider submitting your own maps for Volume IV, now accepting submissions!
- Check out the Winners of the 2017 GIS Poster Expo! June 30, 2017
- Foss4G Boston 2017 March 21, 2017
- AAG Annual Conference comes to Boston March 21, 2017
- Meet the Math Professor Who’s Fighting Gerrymandering With Geometry March 21, 2017
- Tufts Data Rescue March 21, 2017