21 Windows XP desktops with LCD displays
A laptop station is available for us by the Tufts community.
HP DesignJet Z6100 Large Format Plotter
- Please understand that it is nto in the the GIS Center mission to serve as a large-format printing service for the university; however, we like to help Tufts researchers, so we make our large-format printing services open to the entire Tufts community.
- We do not provide printing services for individuals or organizations outside of Tufts.
- We require significant advanced notice for large print jobs, that is, multiple prints for classes, conference, etc.
- Please see a lab assistant for assistance using the plotter: lab assistant schedule - note the schedule does not apply during University breaks and holidays, or any time that Tisch Library is closed.
- 42″ width, 40″ printable width. One of your dimensions must be below 40″
- Please have your file in PDF format sized at the final printing size.
- $4 per linear foot for prints – Cash or Check.
- We recommend using MS Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, or Adobe InDesign to make your posters. We do not recommend Power Point as it is designed for digital presentations not for print. There is a short tutorial for using Publisher to create a 40×30 poster on our GIS Poster Design Guidance web site.
- Large-format printing can be tricky. Please do not wait until the last minute to print.
- Unfortunately we are only able to spend a maximum of 5 minutes working with your file.
HP Color LaserJet 5500 Printer
- Printing is restricted to authorized GIS Lab users and is limited by quota
- General users receive 75 b/w and 25 color pages
- GIS course users receive 200 b/w and 100 color pages
VIDAR Large Format 42″ Scanner
The GIS Center partnered with Tufts Digital Collections and Archives (DCA) to acquire and provide large format scanning services. Please contact email@example.com for assistance with your GIS large-format scanning needs. The digital imaging services are open to the university community through the DCA
The desktop scanner is attached to computer #13.