- 17 Windows 7 Desktops with 24″ LCD Monitors
- 1 Dell Precision Tower (6C, 3.5GHz), 64GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 8GB Video Card
- 2 Fixed Collaborative Stations running Windows 7 with 43″ LCD Monitors (additional multimedia connections available)
- 1 Mobile Collaborative Station running Windows 7 with a 63″ LG Monitor (additional multimedia connections available)
- 24 Student Desktops running Windows 7 with 24″ LCD Monitors
- A Teaching Podium with networked Windows 7 Desktop and various multimedia connections
- Mounted overhead projection system
There are multiple laptop tables available for us by the Tufts community.
Please see the Software Section for a complete list of software available in the Data Lab
HP Color LaserJet 5500 Printer
- Printing is now “Pay for Print” in the Data Lab.
- Cost = $0.30 per page
- The name of the printer is “ColorMedfordPublicLabsandGinn”.
HP DesignJet Z6100 Large Format Plotter
The Digital Design Studio, located on the 3rd floor of Tisch Library, is now the primary resource for large format printing. They make their services available for students, faculty and staff. Here are their hours of operation.
- We no longer provide for fee large format printing services.
- The GIS Center large format printer is only used for GIS Poster Expo printing and can only be used during staffed hours.
- Printing Dimensions = 42″ width, 40″ width. One of your dimensions must be below 40″
- Please have your file in PDF format sized at the final printing size.
- We recommend using MS Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, or Adobe InDesign to make your posters. We do not recommend Power Point as it is designed for digital presentations not for print. Here is a short tutorial for using Publisher to create a 40×30 poster.
- Large-format printing can be tricky. Please do not wait until the last minute to print.
Scanners & Digitizers
VIDAR Large Format 42″ Scanner
The GIS Center partnered with Tufts Digital Collections and Archives (DCA) to acquire and provide large format scanning services. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with your GIS large-format scanning needs. The digital imaging services are open to the university community through the DCA
The desktop scanner is currently out of use.