21 Windows XP desktops with LCD displays
A laptop station is available for us by the Tufts community.
HP DesignJet Z6100 Large Format Plotter
- The Digital Design Studio, located on the 3rd floor of Tisch Library, is now the primary resource for large format printing. They make their services available for students, faculty and staff. Here are their hours of operation.
- We no longer provide for fee large format printing services.
- The GIS Center large format printer is only used for GIS Poster Expo printing. Please see a lab assistant for assistance using the plotter: Lab Assistant Schedule – Fall 2015 – note the schedule does not apply during University breaks and holidays, or any time that Tisch Library is closed.
- 42″ width, 40″ printable width. One of your dimensions must be below 40″
- Please have your file in PDF format sized at the final printing size.
- We recommend using MS Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, or Adobe InDesign to make your posters. We do not recommend Power Point as it is designed for digital presentations not for print. Here is a short tutorial for using Publisher to create a 40×30 poster.
- Large-format printing can be tricky. Please do not wait until the last minute to print.
- Unfortunately we are only able to spend a maximum of 5 minutes working with your file.
HP Color LaserJet 5500 Printer
- Printing is now “Pay for Print” in the GIS Lab.
- Cost = $0.30 per page
- The name of the printer is “ColorMedfordPublicLabsandGinn”.
VIDAR Large Format 42″ Scanner
The GIS Center partnered with Tufts Digital Collections and Archives (DCA) to acquire and provide large format scanning services. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with your GIS large-format scanning needs. The digital imaging services are open to the university community through the DCA
The desktop scanner is currently out of use.