This unit investigates how neurons are able to communicate with each other to send electrical signals from one part of the brain to another. As an example everyone can relate to, the students begin this unit by exploring how many different factors can influence our perception of pain. The unit then dives into the how’s and why’s of pain perception and how different parts of the brain can collaborate together by exciting and inhibiting each other.
- 3.1: Why do we all experience different levels of pain?
- 3.2: How do our neurons communicate with each other?
- 3.3: Why does applying pressure relieve pain?
- 3.4: What causes different pain phenomena?
- Assessment opportunity: Unit 3 Quiz Questions