In celebration of African American History Month the library is highlighting biographies and autobiographies about African American physicians.
You can find these books and more on Sackler 4th floor.
Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story by Ben Carson M.D.
|“Dr. Ben Carson is known around the world for breakthroughs in neurosurgery that have brought hope where no hope existed. In ‘Gifted Hands’, he tells of his inspiring odyssey from his childhood in inner-city Detroit to his position as director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions at age thirty-three. Taking you into the operating room where he has saved countless lives, Ben Carson is a role model for anyone who attempts the seemingly impossible” –Cover, p. 4.|
Do you have any book suggestions? Let us know what we should buy! Make a book recommendation here!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- IOM Wants Big Change in Doc Training http://t.co/5j9wpf367m about 16 minutes ago from Twitter for Websites ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: Dr Margaret Chan's speech on #Ebola today in #Guinea http://t.co/NGLWwjtdZB about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AmerDentalAssn: Traveling Massachusetts Dentist Treats Children Suffering from Severe Cavities http://t.co/lPG6ovGLFd about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Good lunch read by @WIRED "Yum, mold and proteobacteria! Scientists discovered a world of microbes on cheese rinds" http://t.co/twTVzMckHP about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Not sure if food is safe to eat after a #Sharkado? 'AskKaren' our database of common #FoodSafety questions can help: ht… about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Need lunch under $10 in under 10 min? Check out Pita Kabob, this month's Under10 Lunch Spotlight | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/EzM2o0Ma36 10:14:39 AM July 31, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook