In celebration of African American History Month the library is highlighting biographies and autobiographies about African American physicians.
You can find these books and more on Sackler 4th floor.
Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story by Ben Carson M.D.
|“Dr. Ben Carson is known around the world for breakthroughs in neurosurgery that have brought hope where no hope existed. In ‘Gifted Hands’, he tells of his inspiring odyssey from his childhood in inner-city Detroit to his position as director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions at age thirty-three. Taking you into the operating room where he has saved countless lives, Ben Carson is a role model for anyone who attempts the seemingly impossible” –Cover, p. 4.|
Do you have any book suggestions? Let us know what we should buy! Make a book recommendation here!
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: New system treats back, joint, and limb pain through electrical pulses rather than drugs http://t.co/5PV7oIo2vY @TuftsP… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprnews: Just in time to be snowed in: Keep warm with beloved books, from @nprbooks http://t.co/IkGDIXjMnY about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're still open until 5pm today, but Tufts University is CLOSED tomorrow 1/27/2015. Check for news & updates: http://t.co/a4Zx3xheAR about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: The university will be closed on Tuesday, January 27, due to the winter storm. More info: http://t.co/4ppelLO2Zt about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We will close @ 5 pm today in anticipation of the #blizzardof2015. Stay safe & warm & check our blog for updates: http://t.co/5rxosGONgH about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @cbquist: Today in 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman to earn a medical degree in the United States. http://t.co/Cr0RuqIF5t 03:36:05 PM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook