In celebration of African American History Month the library is highlighting biographies and autobiographies about African American physicians.
You can find these books and more on Sackler 4th floor.
Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story by Ben Carson M.D.
|“Dr. Ben Carson is known around the world for breakthroughs in neurosurgery that have brought hope where no hope existed. In ‘Gifted Hands’, he tells of his inspiring odyssey from his childhood in inner-city Detroit to his position as director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions at age thirty-three. Taking you into the operating room where he has saved countless lives, Ben Carson is a role model for anyone who attempts the seemingly impossible” –Cover, p. 4.|
Do you have any book suggestions? Let us know what we should buy! Make a book recommendation here!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- BBC News - Johnson & Johnson hit with $55m damages in talc cancer case https://t.co/9A9y1TAWrx about 28 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NIH: May is Melanoma Prevention Month. #skincancer is often treatable if caught early: https://t.co/Zwpwub19n7 #NIHFlickr https://t.co/… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Elevated bladder cancer risk in New England & arsenic in drinking water from private wells: https://t.co/kEBiZzTRUI https://t.c… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsfootball: We had a great time on #EarthDay helping @MysticMyRWA clean up this weekend! #champsinthecommunity @TuftsAthletics https… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SparkPeople: Eggs are Egg-cellent https://t.co/55gWJ8yvXL about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Teeth_Matter: Why in heaven's name aren't teeth considered part of our health? A provocative article at @AlterNet https://t.co/vxThaC6t… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook