In celebration of African American History Month the library is highlighting biographies and autobiographies about African American physicians.
You can find these books and more on Sackler 4th floor.
Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story by Ben Carson M.D.
|“Dr. Ben Carson is known around the world for breakthroughs in neurosurgery that have brought hope where no hope existed. In ‘Gifted Hands’, he tells of his inspiring odyssey from his childhood in inner-city Detroit to his position as director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions at age thirty-three. Taking you into the operating room where he has saved countless lives, Ben Carson is a role model for anyone who attempts the seemingly impossible” –Cover, p. 4.|
Do you have any book suggestions? Let us know what we should buy! Make a book recommendation here!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsOPD: RT @NIHgrants: ICYMI #NIH RT @RockTalking: Myth busting again! NIH MultiPI applications do as well as single PI http://t.co/… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOOS: On the #Tufts Boston campus? Stop by Sackler 220 tomorrow at 11am to learn more about the #Green Office Certification Progra… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our central elevator is currently out of service. Please use either the front or rear to access other floors of the library. about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: New signage on our #Boston health sciences campus! http://t.co/uhuzrj63RB about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: Spot the #Apollo landing sites on Sunday for Apollo 11's 45th anniversary: http://t.co/VwQXDZ1d3F 11:59:22 AM July 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NBCNewsHealth: Good News: AIDS Diagnoses Plunge 30 Percent in U.S. http://t.co/WM0uqhGFXC 11:40:53 AM July 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook