You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsNow: Books of the Year from Arts and Sciences - Our faculty are composing poetry and writing about environmental jus... https://t.… about 11 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: See how 3D CT scan modeling helps surgeons plan for complicated surgery. 10 am EDT 5/4. https://t.co/8ErkyTC4HA https://t.c… about 13 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimes: Test your supermarket savvy with this quiz on food labels https://t.co/Tb8PQ0u1B1 about 44 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - Johnson & Johnson hit with $55m damages in talc cancer case https://t.co/9A9y1TAWrx about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NIH: May is Melanoma Prevention Month. #skincancer is often treatable if caught early: https://t.co/Zwpwub19n7 #NIHFlickr https://t.co/… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Elevated bladder cancer risk in New England & arsenic in drinking water from private wells: https://t.co/kEBiZzTRUI https://t.c… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook