You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at email@example.com!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Chase the chill away with a cup of tea! Join us for a study break on SK4 at 2:30pm today. https://t.co/GorbP5hVTT about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BookRiot: Find hidden gems in your library with this scavenger hunt for exploring the stacks! https://t.co/AoJalcGMNM https://t.co/W0I… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nlm_news: Emotions of Everyday Living - watch films from the 1950s by the Mental Health Film Board https://t.co/Y7qUB1zu6s https://t.co… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A *little* obsessed with the NH Primary Yak that keeps popping up in the @wgbhnews feed. https://t.co/cao0647VlW about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Via @NPR: Scientists Discover A Second Bacterium That Causes Lyme Disease https://t.co/f3eeHqJulU about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Former Engineering Dean Linda Abriola to be Director of Tufts Institute of the Environment: https://t.co/LFyQbM69aT ht… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook