You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef? - Consumer Reports http://t.co/nSYea1JrXl about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Collaboration Room Pilot Updates | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/MSAqXeRPOY about 11 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Five more industry-funded studies with expected results. Score: 47 to 1 http://t.co/ADAt6ldhd3 12:52:42 PM August 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - Low vitamin-D genes linked to MS http://t.co/Twj6YDNoVR 12:19:28 PM August 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Adjunct Prof. Susan Blumenthal on options for a new health ecosystem in the @HuffingtonPost: http://t.co/tVLnbNX8AM 11:34:53 AM August 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BCAE: Love #tomatoes? This one's for you! Join Chef Diane Manteca, @MassHort & @JMHNRCA 9/15 http://t.co/BxiOfmcWVz http://t.co/jP8OIpf… 09:48:23 AM August 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook