You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @GreenTufts: Sign up for a farm share from @EnterpriseFarm -- weekly deliveries start in June https://t.co/NOofMXNQiL #csa #local https:… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GinnLibrary: We are happy to be hosting our first Intro to Cash Analysis workshop today in the new #mugarlab. Attending? Let us know yo… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lyme disease just got nastier https://t.co/ciFzXptjT3 about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: The American Society for Nutrition appoints Advisory Committee on Trust in Nutrition Science https://t.co/PHBa2XbDMs about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I stand corrected, the @MilesSmithFarm's photogenic ungulate is a Scottish Highlander! A cow, not a yak. about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- More of the NH Primary Yak!! https://t.co/eoCgVb5wiq about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook