Praised by the Washington Post, “For more than 20 years, Health Affairs has been a must-read for anyone with a serious interest in medicine, health care, and health care policy.” as a Tufts community member you have electronic access to Health Affairs from 1981-present. And for those who still enjoy reading print journals, you can find the 2013 issues on the 4th floor and previous years on the 7th. Every month the journal dedicates an exploration of a certain particular health policy topic. So far this year they have covered transforming the delivery of healthcare, a new era in patient engagement, and promoting health and wellness.
As one of the leading journals in health policy and research, Health Affairs has expanded its reach to multimedia. There are a number of Health Affairs podcasts available for free via iTunes. Their series Narratives Matter feature compelling stories told by practicing doctors and nutritionists. Such stories like “To Fight Bad Suga’, Or Dietes, My Neighborhood Needs More Health Educators” by Joseph F. West, ScD confronts a need for diabetes prevention in his Chicago neighborhood and calls for national prevention programs that place workers at the core. Health Affairs also has a blog that features health policy experts from both sides of the political aisles writing about topics ranging from Access to Healthcare and the Workforce.
Want to know more information about Health Affiars and journals like it? Get in touch with the library!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Disparity in Life Spans of the Rich and the Poor Is Growing https://t.co/0rwrYXDebW 02:15:30 PM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: ICYMI: White House announces major investments in preventing #childhunger. Friedman's @usfoodpolicy contributed: https:… 01:01:54 PM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- TOOTH CUTE! <3 https://t.co/t70YsvHxOn 12:24:36 PM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Dental schools adopt strategy to combat opioid abuse https://t.co/1B9NEn6auv via @BostonGlobe 11:55:21 AM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keep an eye on our brothers and sisters during this cold snap! https://t.co/i3pCXJK3mT 11:51:44 AM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Consumers aren’t wild about genetic testing — nor are doctors https://t.co/nWfvc2A7WY via @statnews 11:50:57 AM February 12, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook