Praised by the Washington Post, “For more than 20 years, Health Affairs has been a must-read for anyone with a serious interest in medicine, health care, and health care policy.” as a Tufts community member you have electronic access to Health Affairs from 1981-present. And for those who still enjoy reading print journals, you can find the 2013 issues on the 4th floor and previous years on the 7th. Every month the journal dedicates an exploration of a certain particular health policy topic. So far this year they have covered transforming the delivery of healthcare, a new era in patient engagement, and promoting health and wellness.
As one of the leading journals in health policy and research, Health Affairs has expanded its reach to multimedia. There are a number of Health Affairs podcasts available for free via iTunes. Their series Narratives Matter feature compelling stories told by practicing doctors and nutritionists. Such stories like “To Fight Bad Suga’, Or Dietes, My Neighborhood Needs More Health Educators” by Joseph F. West, ScD confronts a need for diabetes prevention in his Chicago neighborhood and calls for national prevention programs that place workers at the core. Health Affairs also has a blog that features health policy experts from both sides of the political aisles writing about topics ranging from Access to Healthcare and the Workforce.
Want to know more information about Health Affiars and journals like it? Get in touch with the library!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- We got more pumpkins! Come and paint! https://t.co/UtAqDkt9kj about 6 hours ago from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsTechnology: Internet connectivity issue has been RESOLVED. Any issues, contact the TTS Service Desk at 617-627-3376 or it@tufts.… about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlumni: Tufts researchers are finding that #climatechange is affecting the growing and harvesting of #tea. https://t.co/JnZplh2D86 04:17:08 PM October 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AJMC_Journal: .@StJude and @TuftsNutrition study: dietary intervention needed in survivors of childhood cancer https://t.co/tI4yHSDcYk… 04:16:50 PM October 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: #HypertrophicCardiomyopathy: How thickened #heartmuscle can slow you down. https://t.co/ql6TYoKIVb https://t.co/6HZW9WRela 03:48:39 PM October 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Metabolomics Study Reveals another Energy Source for Cancer Cells https://t.co/g50M25PVaC https://t.co/nOHzO2gaI8 02:01:43 PM October 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook