Praised by the Washington Post, “For more than 20 years, Health Affairs has been a must-read for anyone with a serious interest in medicine, health care, and health care policy.” as a Tufts community member you have electronic access to Health Affairs from 1981-present. And for those who still enjoy reading print journals, you can find the 2013 issues on the 4th floor and previous years on the 7th. Every month the journal dedicates an exploration of a certain particular health policy topic. So far this year they have covered transforming the delivery of healthcare, a new era in patient engagement, and promoting health and wellness.
As one of the leading journals in health policy and research, Health Affairs has expanded its reach to multimedia. There are a number of Health Affairs podcasts available for free via iTunes. Their series Narratives Matter feature compelling stories told by practicing doctors and nutritionists. Such stories like “To Fight Bad Suga’, Or Dietes, My Neighborhood Needs More Health Educators” by Joseph F. West, ScD confronts a need for diabetes prevention in his Chicago neighborhood and calls for national prevention programs that place workers at the core. Health Affairs also has a blog that features health policy experts from both sides of the political aisles writing about topics ranging from Access to Healthcare and the Workforce.
Want to know more information about Health Affiars and journals like it? Get in touch with the library!
Tags4th floor african american history Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch medical school mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @USDANutrition: Administrator Rowe (center) encourages MD students to “Get in the Game with School Lunch” http://t.co/OHw9y4fOlQ #Nation… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TischLibrary We're fully expecting them to be gourd-geous. about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to TischLibrary ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Having a scary week? End it with some fun by painting a gourd at the Service Desk Fri from 3-4 http://t.co/ZhK3NOHWQ9 http://t.co/ALQl5BghpC about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Via @nprnews: Weekly Innovation: An Umbrella For The Modern Age http://t.co/4IIVimK9yX about 8 hours ago from Twitter for Websites ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Free stuff! Open Access & Creative Commons | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/U7efrEDpG4 #OpenAccessWeek2014 about 8 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Dr. Shira Doron delivers just the facts on ebola, including transmission, how it spreads and common misconceptions. htt… 03:00:54 PM October 22, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook