Praised by the Washington Post, ”For more than 20 years, Health Affairs has been a must-read for anyone with a serious interest in medicine, health care, and health care policy.” as a Tufts community member you have electronic access to Health Affairs from 1981-present. And for those who still enjoy reading print journals, you can find the 2013 issues on the 4th floor and previous years on the 7th. Every month the journal dedicates an exploration of a certain particular health policy topic. So far this year they have covered transforming the delivery of healthcare, a new era in patient engagement, and promoting health and wellness.
As one of the leading journals in health policy and research, Health Affairs has expanded its reach to multimedia. There are a number of Health Affairs podcasts available for free via iTunes. Their series Narratives Matter feature compelling stories told by practicing doctors and nutritionists. Such stories like “To Fight Bad Suga’, Or Dietes, My Neighborhood Needs More Health Educators” by Joseph F. West, ScD confronts a need for diabetes prevention in his Chicago neighborhood and calls for national prevention programs that place workers at the core. Health Affairs also has a blog that features health policy experts from both sides of the political aisles writing about topics ranging from Access to Healthcare and the Workforce.
Want to know more information about Health Affiars and journals like it? Get in touch with the library!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @GlobalEcoGuy: Looking forward to being on @scifri this week with @iraflatow, talking about feeding the world and climate change, about 12 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NCICRCHD: Great infographic from @FamiliesUSA on prevalent #healthdisparities that afflict African Americans in US: http://t.co/O7op7EF… about 12 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Scientists Who Make Art – Dan Jay and Wally Gilbert, April 22 6PM | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/tLr6QWsLyk about 14 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tufts researcher, Maryanne Wolf, quoted i n The Washington Post for article abt new reading patterns due to internet http://t.co/MAZXTN9DJz about 15 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOPD: New funding opportunities as of April 2nd! #NIH @NIHFunding | http://t.co/UrZPN97Lps 12:55:25 PM April 16, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Are you entering the @TuftsCTSI #PosterCompetition? Time is running out! Submit your abstract online by noon Friday: http://… 12:54:53 PM April 16, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook