Praised by the Washington Post, ”For more than 20 years, Health Affairs has been a must-read for anyone with a serious interest in medicine, health care, and health care policy.” as a Tufts community member you have electronic access to Health Affairs from 1981-present. And for those who still enjoy reading print journals, you can find the 2013 issues on the 4th floor and previous years on the 7th. Every month the journal dedicates an exploration of a certain particular health policy topic. So far this year they have covered transforming the delivery of healthcare, a new era in patient engagement, and promoting health and wellness.
As one of the leading journals in health policy and research, Health Affairs has expanded its reach to multimedia. There are a number of Health Affairs podcasts available for free via iTunes. Their series Narratives Matter feature compelling stories told by practicing doctors and nutritionists. Such stories like “To Fight Bad Suga’, Or Dietes, My Neighborhood Needs More Health Educators” by Joseph F. West, ScD confronts a need for diabetes prevention in his Chicago neighborhood and calls for national prevention programs that place workers at the core. Health Affairs also has a blog that features health policy experts from both sides of the political aisles writing about topics ranging from Access to Healthcare and the Workforce.
Want to know more information about Health Affiars and journals like it? Get in touch with the library!
RealWorld payday loans Secrets StraightForward Answers
- No categories
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Boston's NPR affiliate WBUR featured a story today on last week's Anatomical Donor Memorial Service, an annual... http://t.co/NJy4EoUWUE 03:06:16 PM May 17, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This Saturday, May 18, the Library Service Desk will be closed, as there is a reception for graduates that will... http://t.co/ahCeDx1HPv 02:22:02 PM May 17, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The 6th floor of the library will be undergoing renovations to improve study and teaching space beginning next week. http://t.co/LuiUMb4bIs 04:37:20 PM May 16, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Searching for foundational information about a medical topic? Try the toolkits! http://t.co/vZVUAwQ2n5 02:04:39 PM May 14, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: U.S. proposes rule on Medicaid payment cuts for hospitals http://t.co/Yd6DyBhxVG 06:49:50 PM May 13, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: It's National Women's Health Week. Learn more about cancers that occur mainly in women: http://t.co/JXWxmQpnb0 04:06:41 PM May 13, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook