Praised by the Washington Post, ”For more than 20 years, Health Affairs has been a must-read for anyone with a serious interest in medicine, health care, and health care policy.” as a Tufts community member you have electronic access to Health Affairs from 1981-present. And for those who still enjoy reading print journals, you can find the 2013 issues on the 4th floor and previous years on the 7th. Every month the journal dedicates an exploration of a certain particular health policy topic. So far this year they have covered transforming the delivery of healthcare, a new era in patient engagement, and promoting health and wellness.
As one of the leading journals in health policy and research, Health Affairs has expanded its reach to multimedia. There are a number of Health Affairs podcasts available for free via iTunes. Their series Narratives Matter feature compelling stories told by practicing doctors and nutritionists. Such stories like “To Fight Bad Suga’, Or Dietes, My Neighborhood Needs More Health Educators” by Joseph F. West, ScD confronts a need for diabetes prevention in his Chicago neighborhood and calls for national prevention programs that place workers at the core. Health Affairs also has a blog that features health policy experts from both sides of the political aisles writing about topics ranging from Access to Healthcare and the Workforce.
Want to know more information about Health Affiars and journals like it? Get in touch with the library!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation Clinical Key ClinicalKey congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day PubMed resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Feel free to come to the desk on the 4 floor with any printing problems you have in the meantime. We're open until 11. about 14 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing is spotty again in the library tonight. IT is working on it, and hopes to have everything rebooted soon. about 14 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOcl: Tix available for annual @TuftsEWB 5K Run/Walk ! http://t.co/sytTMVT5Am about 16 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Lawgeek: Beware the new anti-open access bill in Congress. http://t.co/kDuV0KQG9P about 16 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CorbettDooren: Controversial Proposed Medicare Prescription Drug Changes Scrapped http://t.co/4wtdfvlIrS about 18 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Get Published! Tools for Managing your Writing” Open Workshop this Thursday 3/13 | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/FqSunGhD4r 09:21:15 AM March 10, 2014 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook