Praised by the Washington Post, ”For more than 20 years, Health Affairs has been a must-read for anyone with a serious interest in medicine, health care, and health care policy.” as a Tufts community member you have electronic access to Health Affairs from 1981-present. And for those who still enjoy reading print journals, you can find the 2013 issues on the 4th floor and previous years on the 7th. Every month the journal dedicates an exploration of a certain particular health policy topic. So far this year they have covered transforming the delivery of healthcare, a new era in patient engagement, and promoting health and wellness.
As one of the leading journals in health policy and research, Health Affairs has expanded its reach to multimedia. There are a number of Health Affairs podcasts available for free via iTunes. Their series Narratives Matter feature compelling stories told by practicing doctors and nutritionists. Such stories like “To Fight Bad Suga’, Or Dietes, My Neighborhood Needs More Health Educators” by Joseph F. West, ScD confronts a need for diabetes prevention in his Chicago neighborhood and calls for national prevention programs that place workers at the core. Health Affairs also has a blog that features health policy experts from both sides of the political aisles writing about topics ranging from Access to Healthcare and the Workforce.
Want to know more information about Health Affiars and journals like it? Get in touch with the library!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @iMedicalApps: iMA REWIND: The future of wearable sensors in healthcare http://t.co/HWqjVRWc5R 10:41:55 PM December 18, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @LeapYrLibrarian: Moon over #fenway #prudential #boston http://t.co/fKXLF1uY7p 07:18:13 PM December 18, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The university has announced an early release of 3pm and we will be closing the service desk by 4:30PM. Please return items by 4PM. 03:08:54 PM December 17, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here’s a Special Holiday Gift from the Hirsh Library http://t.co/LZ9PUu3Mri @TuftsMedSchool @TuftsDental @TischLibrary 09:34:02 AM December 17, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Enjoy that last Tweet as a bit of late-night feel-good reading. :) 09:05:14 PM December 16, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Matt Finkelman, prof of biostats here at Tufts, helps a stranger's daughter score big in stats: http://t.co/EdXX3zUx6X 09:04:55 PM December 16, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook