“…I early conceived a liking for, and sought every opportunity to relieve the sufferings of others.” Rebecca Lee Crumpler
“It may be well to state here that, having been reared by a kind aunt in Pennsylvania, whose usefulness with the sick was continually sought, I early conceived a liking for, and sought every opportunity to relieve the sufferings of others. Later in life I devoted my time, when best I could, to nursing as a business, serving under different doctors for a period of eight years (from 1852 to 1860); most of the time at my adopted home in Charlestown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. From these doctors I received letters commending me to the faculty of the New England Female Medical College, whence, four years afterward, I received the degree of doctress of medicine.”
Learn more about the life of Rebecca Lee Crumpler:
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @JMHNRCA: Happy #NationalNutritionMonth! Free handouts and tip sheets! https://t.co/laha5togrl @eatright about 25 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- To kick off our March Affiliation Month, today is an Affiliation day! https://t.co/fi13jrAjZa about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Meet double Jumbo Robert Partridge, doctor to the @BostonSymphony Orchestra. https://t.co/Uf4OJmw6A8 https://t.co/fqES… 02:51:59 PM February 28, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March is Affiliation Month! Here's what to expect | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/AbfLdgKONC 12:06:48 PM February 28, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Colon and Rectal Cancers Rising in Young People https://t.co/qqm6GRC5ZS 10:35:08 AM February 28, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: A cure for the common cold and 4 other medical predictions that haven’t (yet) come true https://t.co/QNllmFRory https://t.co/… 05:13:44 PM February 27, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook