“But does it really work?” In our sound-bite saturated news media, it’s difficult to discern which health studies demonstrate effectiveness and which studies do not. How do we know when medical news is evidence worth paying attention to – or – when it is just ‘print noise’?
PubMed Health is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that was designed to help consumers and clinicians answer the question, “what works?” PubMed Health “specializes in reviews of clinical effectiveness research, with easy-to-read summaries for consumers as well as full technical reports.” It provides information on how to assess the research results as well as how to read health news.
One of the most valuable features of PubMed Health is “Behind the Headlines,” a joint project of the National Health Service and the U.S. National Library of Medicine. “Behind the Headlines” evaluates current medical news for accuracy and also describes how medical news stories come to acquire their “spin”.
Check out PubMed Health – it works!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- What Happens to Students When Their Professors Are on Welfare http://t.co/UDLhpSd5Vu about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check it out! http://t.co/3HseB5ZDYn via @nytimeswell about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join @Tuftsbiotech this Thursday, 5/28 @ 5pm for a great networking opportunity at Venture Cafe! http://t.co/xEsQaPqYie 04:11:42 PM May 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: Have you been chosen for #NHANES? Congratulations! Learn more about what to expect here: http://t.co/UGW7ShJjI4 http://t… 01:04:45 PM May 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Are You Aware of Zombies? | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/dVDQRAhl1y 12:14:32 PM May 26, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The University of Minnesota’s Medical Research Mess http://t.co/EXb3OA16y6 11:43:38 AM May 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook