“But does it really work?” In our sound-bite saturated news media, it’s difficult to discern which health studies demonstrate effectiveness and which studies do not. How do we know when medical news is evidence worth paying attention to – or – when it is just ‘print noise’?
PubMed Health is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that was designed to help consumers and clinicians answer the question, “what works?” PubMed Health “specializes in reviews of clinical effectiveness research, with easy-to-read summaries for consumers as well as full technical reports.” It provides information on how to assess the research results as well as how to read health news.
One of the most valuable features of PubMed Health is “Behind the Headlines,” a joint project of the National Health Service and the U.S. National Library of Medicine. “Behind the Headlines” evaluates current medical news for accuracy and also describes how medical news stories come to acquire their “spin”.
Check out PubMed Health – it works!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @BtfdLibrary: Grab your #cowbell and get ready to #FollowALibrary on September 30! https://t.co/krL8wryUsI 01:19:06 PM September 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out our October Open Workshops! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/CNNQNxIYdi 12:41:23 PM September 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: New article series accelerates evidence into practice...Introducing Rapid Recommendations! https://t.co/OBxBNZJiTw https://… 09:22:19 AM September 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Your daily dose of interesting malaria news! https://t.co/JU3gWrQ2fL 09:18:25 AM September 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My favorite creature (and maybe yours?)- Tardigrades Have the Right Stuff to Resist Radiation https://t.co/33nBUlLOmb 12:55:41 PM September 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ants Pick Morphine Over Sugar https://t.co/fFLYgsKLwF 12:54:31 PM September 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook