Dr. Charles B. Millstein, D62, recently wrote an article appearing in the Winter 2013 issue of the Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society. The cover-story gives a historical overview of the many local impacts of the Gies Report, published in 1926 and reporting on a four-year survey of dental education in the United States and Canada. One of the impacts was the forming of the graduate teaching program at the University of Rochester, where six deans of Dental Medicine at Tufts earned their degrees.
Dr. Millstein is a 1962 graduate of the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, serves on the Dental Alumni Executive Council, is an Assistant Clinical Professor, the historian of the Massachusetts Dental Society, and a practicing endodontist in Cambridge, MA.
You can read the full article by stopping by the 4th floor of the library and picking up the Winter 2013 issue!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- 3pm slump? Need a jump? Tweet #coffeeoncall to @TuftsHHSL and we'll bring you a lift (and a treat that rhymes with "rut" (curious?)... about 21 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ...and there will also be a "special" treat...if you tweet #coffeeoncall to @TuftsHHSL :-)! about 34 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We loove this poem! https://t.co/m4tpR6N8ts about 37 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's back! You know the drill...be one of the first 7 to tweet #coffeeoncall to @TuftsHHSL & we'll deliver coffee/cocoa to your study spot! about 56 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: U.S.-African diet swap has dramatic impact on colon cancer risk http://t.co/50q9eN2C7N about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Want to stop wasting food@ Check out the USDA's FoodKeeper app (it's free!): http://t.co/lR0neRT9xs about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook