Dr. Charles B. Millstein, D62, recently wrote an article appearing in the Winter 2013 issue of the Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society. The cover-story gives a historical overview of the many local impacts of the Gies Report, published in 1926 and reporting on a four-year survey of dental education in the United States and Canada. One of the impacts was the forming of the graduate teaching program at the University of Rochester, where six deans of Dental Medicine at Tufts earned their degrees.
Dr. Millstein is a 1962 graduate of the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, serves on the Dental Alumni Executive Council, is an Assistant Clinical Professor, the historian of the Massachusetts Dental Society, and a practicing endodontist in Cambridge, MA.
You can read the full article by stopping by the 4th floor of the library and picking up the Winter 2013 issue!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @HealthyBoston: Want health insurance? #GetCovered The Mayor’s Health Line will help people enroll on 12/6 at the Mattapan Public Librar… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Searching for articles in the Hirsh Library | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/cILVIrJYip 12:51:31 PM December 03, 2013 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The 2013 Medical Student Research Fair is this Wednesday, 12/4 in Sackler 114 (2-4pm). Come support your fellow M’16 students. #medicine 02:45:50 PM December 02, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join Tufts Biomedical Business Club Wednesday, December 4th at 5pm in Sackler 216A for a talk from Dr. Fred Ledley! 09:10:47 AM December 02, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Welcome back everyone! Hope you had a great break! 09:00:40 AM December 02, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @medlineplus: Got time for a quick anatomy lesson? Browse our collection of over 75 anatomy videos http://t.co/6n5fh7sNLz 04:16:22 PM December 01, 2013 from Mobile Web (M5) ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook