“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51- Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick - How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life - Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright data databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTHealth: A diet high in potassium appears to protect teens from high blood pressure, while a low-salt diet had no effect. http://t.c… about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Feds Say It's Time To Cut Back On Fluoride In Drinking Water http://t.co/BzKJdtRJKs about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FeinsteinIntCen: Want to help in response to #NepalEarthquake? A primer on responsible giving, by @jeneambrose: http://t.co/4r2NB5yNT5 … about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Lancet: How can the governments support healthy food preferences? https://t.co/zrdioHKFEj via @TheLancet about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TEDTalks: Can you pass the ignorance test? See what you really know about the world: http://t.co/mBlKMFEFJc about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprnews: For some seniors, cooking healthy food can be difficult or physically impossible. @InaJaffeNPR http://t.co/zmDoyOGN4y http://t… about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook