“National DNA Day is a unique day when students, teachers and the public can learn more about genetics and genomics! The day commemorates the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003, and the discovery of DNA’s double helix.” – National Human Genome Research Institute
Nova PBS has a collection of interesting web exhibits surrounding DNA and other genetically coded materials:
Anatomy of Photo 51– Explore Rosalind Franklin’s famous x-ray image, a key to understanding the double-helix structure of DNA.
Before Watson & Crick – How did scientists discover that DNA was the blueprint of life?
Picturing the Molecules of Life – Over the past 50 years, scientific images of DNA, ribosomes, and RNA have catalyzed our understanding of biology.
If you have a favorite molecule, you can view it on your favorite Apple device with a free app called Molecules. The program allows you to display the structure in different rendering styles, rotate and zoom. You can even add custom molecular structures!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- 10 minutes until #coffeeoncall ! The first 7 people to tweet @TuftsHHSL will get a coffee or cocoa delivered to them in the library. about 10 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Groundbreaking knee surgery eases pain with fast recovery | Health - WCVB Home https://t.co/voRDS4AidS via @WCVB about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: #WorldAIDSDay: Treat all people living with #HIV https://t.co/nyGGG1Dyu5 #WAD2015 https://t.co/OTsFB9mgnT about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 12/1 is #WorldAIDSDay- follow the link to find your testing site https://t.co/JotJp8Z35Q about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsPR: Recent grad Sarah Strand is at the top of the world, researching climate change by analyzing permafrost https://t.co/gefVaqG4y… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here's a classic article about "bog people." For no other reason than the fact that they're AMAZING. https://t.co/cGTrVD3uux about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook