The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- What a great day to put in some studying while avoiding the wet snow! about 14 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TuftsDental Thank you for spreading the word about our extended hours. 12:54:20 PM December 09, 2013 from web in reply to TuftsDental ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Fist bumping could reduce hospital acquired infections, research shows http://t.co/6HvRZGAlzQ 10:26:01 AM December 09, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Free coffee today at 7pm on Sackler 4. Study hard and good luck on exams! 11:31:25 AM December 08, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Timothy Wise of @GDAEatTufts writes this post on food security in India: http://t.co/NXQl4Crqmm 04:39:45 PM December 06, 2013 from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Lunch Discussion with @AMorrisSinger, President of Primary Care Progress: Thursday 12/12 at 12:00pm in Sackler 221 09:08:31 AM December 06, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook