The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor african american history Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch medical school mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Having a scary week? End it with some fun by painting a gourd at the Service Desk Fri from 3-4 http://t.co/ZhK3NOHWQ9 http://t.co/ALQl5BghpC about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Via @nprnews: Weekly Innovation: An Umbrella For The Modern Age http://t.co/4IIVimK9yX about 3 hours ago from Twitter for Websites ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Free stuff! Open Access & Creative Commons | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/U7efrEDpG4 #OpenAccessWeek2014 about 3 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Dr. Shira Doron delivers just the facts on ebola, including transmission, how it spreads and common misconceptions. htt… about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One week until Advice from the Experts: #InsideScientificPublishing ! Spots are still available--register now! http://t.co/3VRGHLItFy 11:21:53 AM October 22, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Guest post: Determining Your Rights for Self-Archiving Published Works | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/Rjt8qYjuSE #OpenAccessWeek2014 10:21:57 AM October 22, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook