The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review books book talk circulation copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @GreenTufts: Grand opening of the @BosPublicMarket on Thurs at 11am. Year-round market will feature fresh, locally sourced food. http://… about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TIE_Tufts: Great #jumboalumniservicemonth #jasm event with @MysticMyRWA and the Tufts Environmental Alumni! http://t.co/Q3wXyDnvvs 01:41:35 PM July 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Americans Are Finally Eating Less http://t.co/SXFty4r6Ex via @UpshotNYT 12:38:39 PM July 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: The Gene For Sweet: Why We Don't All Taste Sugar The Same Way http://t.co/EuD2VHfPd9 12:26:56 PM July 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Lalita Nekkanti, D15, shares her experiences and thoughts upon graduating from dental school. http://t.co/vIJCn2vZkR 10:02:03 AM July 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - 'Earth 2.0' found in Nasa Kepler telescope haul http://t.co/2wBY3KWrqR 08:43:37 AM July 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook