The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- We have extended hours in the library! The service desk is open until 10pm and you may stay and study until 2am! Good luck with exams! 02:02:11 PM May 02, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @adeaweb: .@TuftsDental alum and her father, both #dentists, make house calls to provide for seniors and the disabled. http://t.co/PcvM0… 12:41:47 PM May 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GreenTufts: Join the @TuftsUniversity team for the @MCBikeChallenge and don't forget to ride smart http://t.co/2zzzLsfGwH #MCBC2015 11:12:12 AM May 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: . @ChildObesity180 at Tufts researches healthy children's menu items: http://t.co/FTeK2cJaao via @Reuters 09:27:29 AM May 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's 3 and that means TEA! Join us on Sackler 4 for our PiTEA party. There will be snacks... 03:00:03 PM April 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: There are few group projects in med school, strange when you consider that there are few solo practitioners. http://t.co/zSs… 01:50:54 PM April 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook