The Hirsh Health Sciences Library fondly remembers Peter Ofner, who died on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Dr. Ofner was one of 10,000 children rescued from Nazi Germany under the mission known as the Kindertransport, escaping to safety in Sweden. He was later reunited with his parents in England, where his father became headmaster of St. Bee’s School in Northumbria.
Dr. Ofner was an Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Urology at Tufts University School of Medicine; an adjunct Lecturer of Toxicology at Harvard School of Public Health; and Director of the Steroid Biochemistry Lab at Lemuel Shattuck Hospital. He was also a longtime PBL facilitator and great friend of the Library.
A search of Web of Knowledge yielded 38 articles published while he was at Tufts, mostly on steroids and sex hormones.
Please see his obituary in the Boston Globe http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=peter-ofner&pid=164974832&fhid=8784#fbLoggedOut.
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- HHSL Scan and Borrow Event! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/IVP0Z5e9nf about 6 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: Find out where your favorite seafood ranks in sustainability: http://t.co/kqbFjU507J #FutureofFood about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: Computer games are being designed as healthcare tools because of their power to engage, motivate, and inspire.... http://t.… 03:25:36 PM September 17, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NBCNewsHealth: How Can Diet Sodas Make You Fat? Study May Explain It http://t.co/acH66X9EKj 02:37:32 PM September 17, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us tomorrow at noon for an HHSL Open Workshop! Click to register for "Citation Management Tools: An Overview" http://t.co/plQHl6MqJn 10:59:11 AM September 17, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Top Scientists Suggest A Few Fixes For Medical Funding Crisis http://t.co/rh8zmatXzm 08:38:19 AM September 17, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook