The Hirsh Health Sciences Library fondly remembers Peter Ofner, who died on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Dr. Ofner was one of 10,000 children rescued from Nazi Germany under the mission known as the Kindertransport, escaping to safety in Sweden. He was later reunited with his parents in England, where his father became headmaster of St. Bee’s School in Northumbria.
Dr. Ofner was an Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Urology at Tufts University School of Medicine; an adjunct Lecturer of Toxicology at Harvard School of Public Health; and Director of the Steroid Biochemistry Lab at Lemuel Shattuck Hospital. He was also a longtime PBL facilitator and great friend of the Library.
A search of Web of Knowledge yielded 38 articles published while he was at Tufts, mostly on steroids and sex hormones.
Please see his obituary in the Boston Globe http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=peter-ofner&pid=164974832&fhid=8784#fbLoggedOut.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @ProQuest: It is the greatest LibGuide ever created! http://t.co/6qLPXlukpf http://t.co/BLd5wqeSd9 about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Psychology Is Not in Crisis http://t.co/EOffFh8zMr 08:21:23 AM September 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @wgbh: Watch two talks from the great writer and neurologist #OliverSacks, presented by the @ForumNetwork: http://t.co/lHE35t8RX1 02:03:40 PM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ginakolata: Cholesterol dilemma with new drugs. http://t.co/Fr1JNJ3O18 01:21:58 PM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Summer of Science | How Often Is B.M.I. Misleading? | http://t.co/trLSbOgEbG http://t.co/zfWBKOiMOp 09:32:45 AM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remembering Dr. Oliver Sacks: Via @NPR: Oliver Sacks Was A Boundless Explorer Of The Human Brain http://t.co/G0LvTiVtmp 08:49:18 AM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook