The Hirsh Health Sciences Library fondly remembers Peter Ofner, who died on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Dr. Ofner was one of 10,000 children rescued from Nazi Germany under the mission known as the Kindertransport, escaping to safety in Sweden. He was later reunited with his parents in England, where his father became headmaster of St. Bee’s School in Northumbria.
Dr. Ofner was an Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Urology at Tufts University School of Medicine; an adjunct Lecturer of Toxicology at Harvard School of Public Health; and Director of the Steroid Biochemistry Lab at Lemuel Shattuck Hospital. He was also a longtime PBL facilitator and great friend of the Library.
A search of Web of Knowledge yielded 38 articles published while he was at Tufts, mostly on steroids and sex hormones.
Please see his obituary in the Boston Globe http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=peter-ofner&pid=164974832&fhid=8784#fbLoggedOut.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Leo is here to help you with printing! Check out our new Ask Leo blog post here: http://t.co/92jDTgkebN http://t.co/Ft6i7Wldwr about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For everyone in Boston who said "I'm moving to Hawaii..." | Snow... in Hawaii? http://t.co/tjLmshlOeO via @BadAstronomer about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Data issues lead to retraction | Papers from MIT cancer biologist’s lab retracted http://t.co/dq1RzyhEOK via @BostonGlobe about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Experts Back Angelina Jolie Pitt in Choices for Cancer Prevention http://t.co/kyLcfHMl3E 10:06:26 AM March 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Is turmeric more than a delicious, countertop-staining spice? Can Turmeric Prevent or Cure Disease? http://t.co/dNujBpGwRw 09:55:57 AM March 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JohnsHopkinsSPH: “Could this technology ... help protect doctors and nurses from the [#Ebola] virus?” http://t.co/FteWc36k1u http://t.c… 09:46:43 AM March 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook