The Hirsh Health Sciences Library fondly remembers Peter Ofner, who died on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Dr. Ofner was one of 10,000 children rescued from Nazi Germany under the mission known as the Kindertransport, escaping to safety in Sweden. He was later reunited with his parents in England, where his father became headmaster of St. Bee’s School in Northumbria.
Dr. Ofner was an Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Urology at Tufts University School of Medicine; an adjunct Lecturer of Toxicology at Harvard School of Public Health; and Director of the Steroid Biochemistry Lab at Lemuel Shattuck Hospital. He was also a longtime PBL facilitator and great friend of the Library.
A search of Web of Knowledge yielded 38 articles published while he was at Tufts, mostly on steroids and sex hormones.
Please see his obituary in the Boston Globe http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=peter-ofner&pid=164974832&fhid=8784#fbLoggedOut.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- The university has announced an early release of 3pm and we will be closing the service desk by 4:30PM. Please return items by 4PM. about 14 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here’s a Special Holiday Gift from the Hirsh Library http://t.co/LZ9PUu3Mri @TuftsMedSchool @TuftsDental @TischLibrary about 19 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Enjoy that last Tweet as a bit of late-night feel-good reading. :) 09:05:14 PM December 16, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Matt Finkelman, prof of biostats here at Tufts, helps a stranger's daughter score big in stats: http://t.co/EdXX3zUx6X 09:04:55 PM December 16, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @stefaniei: The case for a puppy: New clues on how dogs might protect kids against asthma. via @ronwinslow http://t.co/lrKDtpDHbT 06:43:14 PM December 16, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: U.S. FDA demands proof antibacterial soaps safe, work http://t.co/CN4mM3jTls 05:01:58 PM December 16, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook