The Hirsh Health Sciences Library fondly remembers Peter Ofner, who died on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Dr. Ofner was one of 10,000 children rescued from Nazi Germany under the mission known as the Kindertransport, escaping to safety in Sweden. He was later reunited with his parents in England, where his father became headmaster of St. Bee’s School in Northumbria.
Dr. Ofner was an Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Urology at Tufts University School of Medicine; an adjunct Lecturer of Toxicology at Harvard School of Public Health; and Director of the Steroid Biochemistry Lab at Lemuel Shattuck Hospital. He was also a longtime PBL facilitator and great friend of the Library.
A search of Web of Knowledge yielded 38 articles published while he was at Tufts, mostly on steroids and sex hormones.
Please see his obituary in the Boston Globe http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=peter-ofner&pid=164974832&fhid=8784#fbLoggedOut.
Tags4th floor 5th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review books circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NtlDairyCouncil: Support your communities this week and celebrate fresh and local with #FarmersMarketWeek! http://t.co/2BWbP7kc7y about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: A discussion about the problems with factory #processedmeat with @Dmozaffarian. Listen: http://t.co/X9gIHG2hko http://t… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: “Acts of Faith” by Eboo Patel is the Common Reading Book for #Tufts2019. Tweet a pic with #TuftsCommonRead & we may fe… 03:29:14 PM August 03, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: A simple switch in how hospitals name babies could reduce medication errors.http://t.co/fUG8CTc0lC 12:03:29 PM August 03, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: @TuftsUniversity research indicates eating almonds may help lower #cholesterol. Read more: http://t.co/ZkK218Qxr8 http:… 09:49:51 AM August 03, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: Thank you #Ghostbusters stars @melissamccarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones for visiting today! http:… 05:01:12 PM August 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook