The Hirsh Health Sciences Library fondly remembers Peter Ofner, who died on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Dr. Ofner was one of 10,000 children rescued from Nazi Germany under the mission known as the Kindertransport, escaping to safety in Sweden. He was later reunited with his parents in England, where his father became headmaster of St. Bee’s School in Northumbria.
Dr. Ofner was an Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Urology at Tufts University School of Medicine; an adjunct Lecturer of Toxicology at Harvard School of Public Health; and Director of the Steroid Biochemistry Lab at Lemuel Shattuck Hospital. He was also a longtime PBL facilitator and great friend of the Library.
A search of Web of Knowledge yielded 38 articles published while he was at Tufts, mostly on steroids and sex hormones.
Please see his obituary in the Boston Globe http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=peter-ofner&pid=164974832&fhid=8784#fbLoggedOut.
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @Reuters_Health: Parents' whooping cough vaccines may protect babies http://t.co/bHYcf5JlZx about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciencemagazine: The Haitian govt has unveiled an ambitious plan to eradicate cholera w/i 10 yrs http://t.co/fI82T5qAKs #globalhealth … about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Philip Morris Sues Uruguay Over Graphic Cigarette Packaging http://t.co/cKv8a8PfE9 about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us in 510! @TEDMED Session 8, "Weird and Wonderful" is about to begin! #TEDMED2014 #TEDMEDLive 11:00:16 AM September 12, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TEDMED: "Play Is Not A Waste Of Time." Join us for a session filled with imagination and inspiration through the extraordinary power of… 04:33:45 PM September 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 10 minutes til 4:30, when @TEDMED Session 6,"Play Is Not a Waste of Time," starts. See you in Sackler 510! #TEDMED2014 #TEDMEDLive 04:23:28 PM September 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook