Need to request a book, journal article, or other item not at Hirsh? Our Head of Interlibrary Loan, Judy Rabinowitz, answers your questions about fees and charges below.
Frequently Asked Questions about Interlibrary Loan Fees and Payment
- Will I be charged?
- Faculty and staff in the Tufts community are charged $4 per request (e.g., journal article, book, etc.) for items in the Hirsh Health Sciences Library collection or from a library outside of Tufts. Students are allotted 20 free requests per academic year.
- Will I get an invoice?
- That depends. If there is a charge for your ILLiad request, you will receive an email in the month following the completion of your request with the invoice attached. Alternatively, if debiting a Tufts deptID, you can setup automatic payments and receive no invoices directly.
- How do I pay these invoices?
- Payments can be made by credit card (no Tufts Pcards), or (U.S.) check made out to Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library and brought in-person/mailed to:
Document Delivery Department
Tufts University Hirsh Health Sciences Library
145 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
- How do I pay using a Tufts DeptID?
- Log into ILLiad and add the Tufts DeptID and account number information in the ‘Payment and Profile’ section. Then, when completing an ILLiad request form, select the account, and payment will automatically be made for that request and you will not receive an invoice soliciting payment.
- How can I find out more about ILLiad?
- Check out Document Delivery Policies and Procedures.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @GlobalEcoGuy: Looking forward to being on @scifri this week with @iraflatow, talking about feeding the world and climate change, about 10 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NCICRCHD: Great infographic from @FamiliesUSA on prevalent #healthdisparities that afflict African Americans in US: http://t.co/O7op7EF… about 10 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Scientists Who Make Art – Dan Jay and Wally Gilbert, April 22 6PM | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/tLr6QWsLyk about 13 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tufts researcher, Maryanne Wolf, quoted i n The Washington Post for article abt new reading patterns due to internet http://t.co/MAZXTN9DJz about 13 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOPD: New funding opportunities as of April 2nd! #NIH @NIHFunding | http://t.co/UrZPN97Lps 12:55:25 PM April 16, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Are you entering the @TuftsCTSI #PosterCompetition? Time is running out! Submit your abstract online by noon Friday: http://… 12:54:53 PM April 16, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook