Book Review by Jane Ichord, Information Services Librarian
Want to take a break from your job, leave your house behind and move to Paris? If you’re like me, your first answer is “Yes!” and your second answer is “I can’t!”, then follow my lead and pick up a copy of “Paris In Love: A Memoir” by Eloisa James instead. It’s the perfect outlet for living vicariously. James, a professor and writer of historical romances, documents her sabbatical year in the City of Love and Lights. During the course of the year, she eats and shops her way through Paris, offering her audience a glimpse of daily life croissant by croissant. As with any good read, there’s plenty of conflict on which to report — James’ European life is not all fun and games: her husband and kids are along for the ride. There are anecdotes about navigating Parisian schools, surviving ordinary marital spats in foreign territory, and gaining perspective on those less economically fortunate.
James’ account is the perfect T or beach read, packed with abbreviated vignettes that, in fact, started out as Facebook posts. It’s my idea of the perfect summer escape; shopping without spending, eating without the calories, and the right mix of adventure and reality to keep me from canceling my week at the beach and booking a one-way flight to Paris.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation Clinical Key ClinicalKey congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day PubMed resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Printing is down at the moment, so if you need help you can come down to the desk on the 4th floor. Otherwise, it should be back up soon! about 5 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing is on the fritz again in HHSL. Sorry for the inconvenience, we are working on trying to stabilize it. about 8 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Feel free to come to the desk on the 4 floor with any printing problems you have in the meantime. We're open until 11. 10:10:15 PM March 10, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing is spotty again in the library tonight. IT is working on it, and hopes to have everything rebooted soon. 10:09:53 PM March 10, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOcl: Tix available for annual @TuftsEWB 5K Run/Walk ! http://t.co/sytTMVT5Am 08:04:49 PM March 10, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Lawgeek: Beware the new anti-open access bill in Congress. http://t.co/kDuV0KQG9P 08:04:46 PM March 10, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook