Book Review by Jane Ichord, Information Services Librarian
Want to take a break from your job, leave your house behind and move to Paris? If you’re like me, your first answer is “Yes!” and your second answer is “I can’t!”, then follow my lead and pick up a copy of “Paris In Love: A Memoir” by Eloisa James instead. It’s the perfect outlet for living vicariously. James, a professor and writer of historical romances, documents her sabbatical year in the City of Love and Lights. During the course of the year, she eats and shops her way through Paris, offering her audience a glimpse of daily life croissant by croissant. As with any good read, there’s plenty of conflict on which to report — James’ European life is not all fun and games: her husband and kids are along for the ride. There are anecdotes about navigating Parisian schools, surviving ordinary marital spats in foreign territory, and gaining perspective on those less economically fortunate.
James’ account is the perfect T or beach read, packed with abbreviated vignettes that, in fact, started out as Facebook posts. It’s my idea of the perfect summer escape; shopping without spending, eating without the calories, and the right mix of adventure and reality to keep me from canceling my week at the beach and booking a one-way flight to Paris.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Free coffee today at 7pm on Sackler 4. Study hard and good luck on exams! about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Timothy Wise of @GDAEatTufts writes this post on food security in India: http://t.co/NXQl4Crqmm 04:39:45 PM December 06, 2013 from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Lunch Discussion with @AMorrisSinger, President of Primary Care Progress: Thursday 12/12 at 12:00pm in Sackler 221 09:08:31 AM December 06, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BioMedCentral: Curry compound helps kill #cancer with the help of nanoparticles! http://t.co/vBiyYro62p (Here it is!) http://t.co/U2xGJ… 07:37:18 AM December 06, 2013 from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: New Center for Global Public Health for @TuftsMedSchool: http://t.co/op0xoeQM42 02:35:38 PM December 05, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Extended Library Service Desk Hours | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/nJLNwjCahh 12:52:12 PM December 05, 2013 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook