Book Review by Jane Ichord, Information Services Librarian
Want to take a break from your job, leave your house behind and move to Paris? If you’re like me, your first answer is “Yes!” and your second answer is “I can’t!”, then follow my lead and pick up a copy of “Paris In Love: A Memoir” by Eloisa James instead. It’s the perfect outlet for living vicariously. James, a professor and writer of historical romances, documents her sabbatical year in the City of Love and Lights. During the course of the year, she eats and shops her way through Paris, offering her audience a glimpse of daily life croissant by croissant. As with any good read, there’s plenty of conflict on which to report — James’ European life is not all fun and games: her husband and kids are along for the ride. There are anecdotes about navigating Parisian schools, surviving ordinary marital spats in foreign territory, and gaining perspective on those less economically fortunate.
James’ account is the perfect T or beach read, packed with abbreviated vignettes that, in fact, started out as Facebook posts. It’s my idea of the perfect summer escape; shopping without spending, eating without the calories, and the right mix of adventure and reality to keep me from canceling my week at the beach and booking a one-way flight to Paris.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Save the date for the #PL4H workshop. https://t.co/7fsacyzevE. Registration is now open! https://t.co/IuH0vtS4o4 about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NIH: Excited to have some of our patient groups join #NIHchat! @RareDiseases @EveryLifeOrg @GlobalGenes @TheChildrensInn will be there.… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOVPR: Prof. Lisa Gualtieri named one of Boston Business Journals Woman to Watch 2017 https://t.co/uIGwG6sgWB about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @_ebuwa We don't have it here at HHSL but it looks like @GinnLibrary has it on reserve. You can also request items we don't own thru ILLiad. 02:56:57 PM February 17, 2017 from Twitter Web Client in reply to _ebuwa ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Writing Consultants appointments are now available for March! More information and registration here: https://t.co/qJfhiWucN2 02:43:58 PM February 17, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us for a hands-on Ingenuity Pathway Analysis training session on Tues 2/21 from 9-12 in SK507. More info here: https://t.co/tHL01j5RND 04:22:44 PM February 16, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook