After a prolonged illness, Jane Desforges, MD passed away on September 7th.
Dr. Desforges spent much of her career at Tufts Medical School and Tufts Medical Center. Dr. Deforges was one of five women to graduate from TUSM in 1945 and during her 60-year career was considered one of the nation’s leading academic hematologists. For over 30 years she was the associate editor of New England Journal of Medicine and received the TUSM’s Outstanding Teacher Award for thirteen consecutive years. Dr. Jane Desforges was an icon of American medicine and will be greatly missed. Her funeral will be held this coming Saturday.
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Join us tomorrow at noon for an HHSL Open Workshop! Click to register for "Citation Management Tools: An Overview" http://t.co/plQHl6MqJn about 38 minutes ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Top Scientists Suggest A Few Fixes For Medical Funding Crisis http://t.co/rh8zmatXzm about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimesscience: Books: When art becomes entangled in nature http://t.co/EUS4k65Rr4 about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimesscience: What's been gained from years and millions of $$ in stem cell research? @kweintraub reports: http://t.co/SbvFEv6nNX about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Returning to Higher Ed Library Social Friday 9/19 | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/mfCcxGtVEt 09:50:53 AM September 16, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: Parents' whooping cough vaccines may protect babies http://t.co/bHYcf5JlZx 04:49:01 PM September 15, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook