After a prolonged illness, Jane Desforges, MD passed away on September 7th.
Dr. Desforges spent much of her career at Tufts Medical School and Tufts Medical Center. Dr. Deforges was one of five women to graduate from TUSM in 1945 and during her 60-year career was considered one of the nation’s leading academic hematologists. For over 30 years she was the associate editor of New England Journal of Medicine and received the TUSM’s Outstanding Teacher Award for thirteen consecutive years. Dr. Jane Desforges was an icon of American medicine and will be greatly missed. Her funeral will be held this coming Saturday.
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Need one last boost for your final study session? Tweet #coffeeoncall at us until 4pm and we'll deliver coffee or cocoa to your study spot! about 12 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Is Ebola diverting resources from other neglected diseases? Read what an associate professor from @TuftsCSDD thinks htt… about 57 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Healthy Holidays from the Hirsh Library! http://t.co/t5YsPE24wk http://t.co/YBrM0Jb46U about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MassDPH: Flu season’s here, but it’s not too late to get a flu shot and stay healthy. Find a flu shot near you: http://t.co/yMhabjPZxW about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Holiday hours starting this Friday! Please refer to our website and blog post for details. http://t.co/0c5KKspn03 http://t.co/YpVZcZvmyc about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Hanukkah! Ways you can eat healthy (and not so healthy) during the holidays: What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/KoWis6zUim 03:21:50 PM December 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook