Dog On It is a hugely entertaining book about two private detectives one of whom is a dog. Meet the story’s narrator Chet, a K9 school drop-out rescued by Bernie Little owner of the Little Detective Agency. Chet will tell you that he almost made it through his final test at the police academy but something happened – something he is a little fuzzy on except there may have been a cat involved. That’s OK though because now Chet helps Bernie nab all kinds of “perps”. The plot involves a missing teen named Madison. Bernie, recently divorced and currently a little down on his luck, tells Madison’s frantic mother that they will take the case and find her daughter.
All dog lovers will recognize Chet who adores his partner unconditionally, who knows how to find happiness from the all little things in life and who will always find the Cheerios that have spilled under the kitchen table. Chet’s attempts to try and puzzle out the meanings of various “human” expressions and following his stream of consciousness as thoughts come and go are often hilarious.
This is the first book in the series by Cape Cod author Spencer Quinn and it is a delight to read.
Review by JoAnne Griffin
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- @_ebuwa We don't have it here at HHSL but it looks like @GinnLibrary has it on reserve. You can also request items we don't own thru ILLiad. 02:56:57 PM February 17, 2017 from Twitter Web Client in reply to _ebuwa ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Writing Consultants appointments are now available for March! More information and registration here: https://t.co/qJfhiWucN2 02:43:58 PM February 17, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us for a hands-on Ingenuity Pathway Analysis training session on Tues 2/21 from 9-12 in SK507. More info here: https://t.co/tHL01j5RND 04:22:44 PM February 16, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SeanBCash: Submit now! Call for abstract, Future of Food and Nutrition student research conf @TuftsNutrition EXTENDED to Feb 17 https:/… 02:13:01 PM February 16, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We have shortened hours on Monday 2/20! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/z8MN9GIxWh 11:56:02 AM February 16, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Why one food executive is pledging $25 million to fight his own industry https://t.co/0kS90nInWW 11:41:18 AM February 16, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook