Dog On It is a hugely entertaining book about two private detectives one of whom is a dog. Meet the story’s narrator Chet, a K9 school drop-out rescued by Bernie Little owner of the Little Detective Agency. Chet will tell you that he almost made it through his final test at the police academy but something happened – something he is a little fuzzy on except there may have been a cat involved. That’s OK though because now Chet helps Bernie nab all kinds of “perps”. The plot involves a missing teen named Madison. Bernie, recently divorced and currently a little down on his luck, tells Madison’s frantic mother that they will take the case and find her daughter.
All dog lovers will recognize Chet who adores his partner unconditionally, who knows how to find happiness from the all little things in life and who will always find the Cheerios that have spilled under the kitchen table. Chet’s attempts to try and puzzle out the meanings of various “human” expressions and following his stream of consciousness as thoughts come and go are often hilarious.
This is the first book in the series by Cape Cod author Spencer Quinn and it is a delight to read.
Review by JoAnne Griffin
Tags4th floor book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Thank you for sharing @lisagualtieri! about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to lisagualtieri ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanksgiving Hours | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/YayyVF0t3n about 20 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @lisagualtieri: Presenting about Ebola and Social Media at next session @TuftsMedSchool #globalpublichealth14 http://t.co/AWyrBPbtVi about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Dentagama: Factors for Tooth Decay http://t.co/GaNTMtsDDB about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanksgiving Food for Thought! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/lWg2xaUHyg 10:45:47 AM November 18, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: A True and Complete Account of the Neuroscience of Zombies http://t.co/JKlQJU8uwR 08:08:56 AM November 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook