Dog On It is a hugely entertaining book about two private detectives one of whom is a dog. Meet the story’s narrator Chet, a K9 school drop-out rescued by Bernie Little owner of the Little Detective Agency. Chet will tell you that he almost made it through his final test at the police academy but something happened – something he is a little fuzzy on except there may have been a cat involved. That’s OK though because now Chet helps Bernie nab all kinds of “perps”. The plot involves a missing teen named Madison. Bernie, recently divorced and currently a little down on his luck, tells Madison’s frantic mother that they will take the case and find her daughter.
All dog lovers will recognize Chet who adores his partner unconditionally, who knows how to find happiness from the all little things in life and who will always find the Cheerios that have spilled under the kitchen table. Chet’s attempts to try and puzzle out the meanings of various “human” expressions and following his stream of consciousness as thoughts come and go are often hilarious.
This is the first book in the series by Cape Cod author Spencer Quinn and it is a delight to read.
Review by JoAnne Griffin
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @WHO: #WorldAIDSDay: Treat all people living with #HIV https://t.co/nyGGG1Dyu5 #WAD2015 https://t.co/OTsFB9mgnT about 40 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 12/1 is #WorldAIDSDay- follow the link to find your testing site https://t.co/JotJp8Z35Q about 40 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsPR: Recent grad Sarah Strand is at the top of the world, researching climate change by analyzing permafrost https://t.co/gefVaqG4y… about 45 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here's a classic article about "bog people." For no other reason than the fact that they're AMAZING. https://t.co/cGTrVD3uux about 46 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: The FDA has rejected the antidepressant gepirone three times. And yet it's up for review again today https://t.co/W73AGQM3eR about 53 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Surprising Failure of Calorie Counts on Menus https://t.co/fEU3gl50AI via @UpshotNYT about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook