Dog On It is a hugely entertaining book about two private detectives one of whom is a dog. Meet the story’s narrator Chet, a K9 school drop-out rescued by Bernie Little owner of the Little Detective Agency. Chet will tell you that he almost made it through his final test at the police academy but something happened – something he is a little fuzzy on except there may have been a cat involved. That’s OK though because now Chet helps Bernie nab all kinds of “perps”. The plot involves a missing teen named Madison. Bernie, recently divorced and currently a little down on his luck, tells Madison’s frantic mother that they will take the case and find her daughter.
All dog lovers will recognize Chet who adores his partner unconditionally, who knows how to find happiness from the all little things in life and who will always find the Cheerios that have spilled under the kitchen table. Chet’s attempts to try and puzzle out the meanings of various “human” expressions and following his stream of consciousness as thoughts come and go are often hilarious.
This is the first book in the series by Cape Cod author Spencer Quinn and it is a delight to read.
Review by JoAnne Griffin
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @UF_IFAS: @scifri Some more tips from @UFlorida IFAS to help keep safe from #mosquito-borne diseases #SciFriLive #UFBugs http://t.co/vfJ… about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: Tomorrow 10-11AM, FREE Yoga @ Schoolmaster Hill Franklin Park Get fit w/@BostonParksDept Summer Fitness http://t.co/0TgS… about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Have you tried #REDCap yet? Manage your research data - join @TuftsCTSI's community of more than 900 users today: http://t.c… about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: Happy 120th birthday, Floating Hospital for Children! On July 25, 1894, Boston Floating Hospital was born on a rented … 09:05:47 AM July 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Bottlenecks in Training Doctors http://t.co/TbfGFaZi4X Family/primary care is in demand! Consider Maine Track & have rewarding career 09:05:23 AM July 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Leonardo da Vinci, Neuroscientist http://t.co/ELOVmmNQbz 08:54:42 AM July 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook