To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor african american history Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch medical school mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NatGeo: Friday Fact: You can see autumn leaves from Space. about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Meet the newest member of our Circulation staff! http://t.co/aFNBeEpPoj about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This mysterious masked feline has delivered a hoard of gourds! Stop by the 4th flr desk from 3-4pm to decorate one! http://t.co/phddFtAjwZ 12:51:48 PM October 24, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: See, Test & Treat to provide free #breastcancer & #cervicalcancer screenings to uninsured, underserved women TOMORROW … 12:19:43 PM October 24, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Congrats! RT @sweetfoodie How Doing Dishes Can Help You Lose Weight - my first article for the Huffington Post!... http://t.co/ZTocI3teSt 11:06:40 AM October 24, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Guest post by Judy Rabinowitz: Open vs. Public Access: What's the Difference? | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/RDw9YX9cJ3 #OpenAccessWeek2014 10:05:08 AM October 24, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook