To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTScience: As he held the animal-hide pages of an ancient book, something seemed oddly familiar http://t.co/27bf4RFQhm http://t.co/jAU… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: New on NCI's Cancer Currents blog: Most Americans Do Not Use Sunscreen Regularly http://t.co/9l4QYnkD8s http://t.co/Gqw1PqRVPX about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @LibraryJournal: RT @infodocket: Africa: Interior of Van Serves as Ghana’s First Mobile Digital Library http://t.co/fs1lzAJcJI about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New Nature journal available at the library! What's New @ HHSL | http://t.co/vm4ckkunbT about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDANutrition: We're joining @NoKidHungry this Wednesday (6/3) at 2:00pm ET to discuss the benefits of #summermeals for hungry kids ht… 01:06:49 PM June 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We really want the "Nameless Blood Toy" - A Short History of Unnecessarily Terrifying Toy Patents http://t.co/RaRVyFyrBV via @WIRED 11:39:27 AM June 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook