To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTHealth: When memory fails, delight in the moment https://t.co/BVm2UNFu8J about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: Walking 30-60 mins a day greatly reduces your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes. #NationalWalkingDay https://… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: U.S. #hepatitisC deaths hit all-time high https://t.co/yNz4WLVBco via @CNN about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsvet: Gypsy Gold, a TINY horse that does animal visitation therapy through Tufts Paws for People, has a huge impact: https://t.co/F… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsPR: #Tufts researchers find silk keeps fruit fresh without refrigeration https://t.co/pTkt91Yypq https://t.co/JGyrnRN2Pi about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @US_FDA: It's Older Americans Month! Take some time to take a look at FDA’s Food Safety for Seniors. https://t.co/P4S3yfcXQO https://t.… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook