To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @cbquist: Today in 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman to earn a medical degree in the United States. http://t.co/Cr0RuqIF5t 03:36:05 PM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sgalla: Jordan Smoller, slide on culture of science. #scicomm http://t.co/8Tg8HhVUFM 02:46:31 PM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Feeling the chill? Have some soup! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/GSeWgJqmMv http://t.co/GSeWgJqmMv 12:18:54 PM January 23, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Winter Storm Watch in effect: Jan 24 12am to 11pm EST MT @NWSBoston Sat storm update. Biggest concern heavy wet snow h… 09:49:38 AM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ADANews: What's antitrust go to do with me? Marketplace rules affect dental practices - Find out how. http://t.co/UxShdTHQyu 04:48:36 PM January 22, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just in time for snow on Sat! RT @sweetfoodie 15 Healthier Lasagnas including skillet, slow cooker, & soup options! http://t.co/u4pJ2MgJuI 01:53:55 PM January 22, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to sweetfoodie ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook