To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Fistbumps may be good for your health! They transfer fewer germs than handshakes, says new study VIA @ReutersHealth http://t.co/swqF105S5g about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Your favorite skeleton is back with the answers to your #library questions in #AskLeo Ep.2 | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/doMTZOqvLS about 9 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dentalhealthorg: Morning tip: Chew sugar-free gum after eating. This helps your mouth to make more saliva and fights the acids that for… about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: RT @cdchep: TODAY is #WorldHepatitisDay! Help raise awareness of #hepatitis & its prevention, control & treatment http… 03:45:27 PM July 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New #FriedmanSchool dean, D.Mozaffarian, hopes to have strong research presence @TuftsNutrition. Via @BostonGlobeMag http://t.co/oQUNNA0F0t 12:40:39 PM July 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: TUSDM stats say dentistry is moving towards gender equality- featuring Dr. Maria Papageorge! http://t.co/urd0syM223 #denta… 10:38:08 AM July 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook