To quote an old Sesame Street song, “Everybody eats.” Consequently, just about every discipline within the health sciences has a stake in food and nutrition! It is for this very reason that the Hirsh Health Sciences Library has created the nutrition portal.
The nutrition portal will introduce you to key resources related to food and nutrition. These resources have been selected, not only for people who are specifically engaged in the study of nutrition, but also for those seeking nutrition-related information for application in their own field of study.
Looking for resources that provide a global perspective on issues related to food and nutrition? Check out the “Global” tab, which features resource created by the Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and USAID. Want to know which parts of the USA have limited access to healthy food? Take a look at the USDA’s “Food Environment Atlas,” which is featured on the “United States” tab.
The nutrition portal will also point you towards policy resources, article databases (including PubMed@Tufts and Web of Knowledge), and guides on research writing and using the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
Have you explored the nutrition portal? Is something missing? Let us know what you think by giving us an email or call!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Join us at the intersection of craft and snack...make a gingerbread house! 12/8 + 12/9 at 12pm | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/QMBX8AaqVx about 13 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Can You Get Too Much Protein? https://t.co/muP2OuZT6Y about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Depression common among medical school students, study finds https://t.co/7DdsnmBSJC via @BostonGlobe about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Can You Regain Muscle Mass After Age 60? https://t.co/ICKVJlljZN via @nytimeswell about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - Caesarean births 'affecting human evolution' https://t.co/ApS0CUwm3l about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: Great background on @JMHNRCA and @TuftsNutrition https://t.co/TEmTKgPFxB 11:30:19 AM December 05, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook