Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @theNCI: Elevated bladder cancer risk in New England & arsenic in drinking water from private wells: https://t.co/kEBiZzTRUI https://t.c… about 3 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsfootball: We had a great time on #EarthDay helping @MysticMyRWA clean up this weekend! #champsinthecommunity @TuftsAthletics https… about 5 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SparkPeople: Eggs are Egg-cellent https://t.co/55gWJ8yvXL about 57 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Teeth_Matter: Why in heaven's name aren't teeth considered part of our health? A provocative article at @AlterNet https://t.co/vxThaC6t… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- South Dakota Wrongly Puts Thousands in Nursing Homes, Government Says https://t.co/saVGz9h1KS about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: The women's basketball team was recognized by the city of #Somerville for their outstanding season cc: @TuftsWbball ht… about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook