Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @lisagualtieri: My film crew in @TuftsHHSL after interview on Digital Health Communication @TuftsMedSchool http://t.co/CHshI2uGmA about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tufts Health Sci Community! Need to search beyond Google & PubMed? Register for our Open Workshop 10/2 @ noon! http://t.co/B3fw4H7ioC about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- TBBC Event: Nuts and Bolts of Life Sciences Consulting on Wed Oct 1 at 4:30 in M&V412. Pizza served! http://t.co/83HOmw1CmR 01:16:45 PM September 30, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Under10 Lunch Spotlight: Viga Italian Eatery & Caterer | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/fhk6Tpn2H5 10:14:23 AM September 30, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Concerns about new bug in the news Enterovirus D68? Check out the facts from @CDCgov. http://t.co/yLEiMNYhev 09:12:26 AM September 30, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Vaccine Controversies Are As Social As They Are Medical http://t.co/jFZbWRX5TF 08:54:53 AM September 30, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook