Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new resource open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Bhaskar Chakravorti of @FletcherSchool and @IBGC_Fletcher discusses bitcoin and the future of money: http://t.co/OoXHG… 02:16:32 PM July 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Rock, paper, scissors, shoot! http://t.co/kHOkbzTget 09:21:53 AM July 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: Summer means warm weather, but it also means those pesky mosquitoes are back! Prevent bites this week http://t.co/qJogkL… 02:44:53 PM July 10, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Still wondering about Monday's tornado alerts? Learn more about TuftsAlert and how it works http://t.co/kY9D2rKjK0 via… 10:57:18 AM July 10, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Coming soon…a new 6th floor classroom! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/QXtpNz3Crd 09:10:16 AM July 10, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsPR: Secondhand smoke as dangerous for pets as humans, @tuftsvet study finds http://t.co/JJqr5QM6F4 06:05:47 PM July 09, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook