A few weeks back we asked faculty to participate in a survey about impressions of open access scholarly literature, that is, literature which is digital, online, free of charge, and free of most copyright and licensing restrictions. A big thank you to everyone who responded to the Tufts Scholarly Communication Team survey. A similar survey was also conducted in the fall of 2011. As promised, here are some quick numbers from both the 2011 and 2013 editions…
|2011 (n=119)||2013 (n=155)|
|Favor a “Harvard-like” OA deposit mandate at Tufts||88%||89%|
|Would publish OA if didn’t have to pay personally||81%||86%|
|Would publish OA if available in their field||75%||80%|
|Know OA journals are peer-reviewed||58%||64%|
|Know about the pilot project POAF||36%||33%|
|Published in an OA journal in the Directory of Open Access Journals||22%||25%|
|Know they can often put pre-prints on Tufts websites||NA||21%|
|Paid author fees to publish in an OA journal||11%||13%|
View more Open Access Faculty Awareness Survey results!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @MyPlate: Defrost meat or poultry before putting it into a slow cooker. Find more #foodsafety tips here: https://t.co/FoGuCE9hTE https:/… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Inherited genetic mutations play a major role in about 5 to 10 percent of all cancers: https://t.co/FX46ldS78E https://t.co/yco… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Dental Stencils for your pumpkins! https://t.co/h9fGc4xrYg about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: Will drinking buckets of cranberry juice cure bladder infections? Sorry, nope. https://t.co/n7HPmbpiUm about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FDAfood: Find out what science says about the effectiveness & safety of Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) #supplements: https://t.co/ETV0BibL5o http… about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here are some spooky creatures from one of the rarest volumes in our Special Collections room! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/gct1yFQkdU about 12 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook