A few weeks back we asked faculty to participate in a survey about impressions of open access scholarly literature, that is, literature which is digital, online, free of charge, and free of most copyright and licensing restrictions. A big thank you to everyone who responded to the Tufts Scholarly Communication Team survey. A similar survey was also conducted in the fall of 2011. As promised, here are some quick numbers from both the 2011 and 2013 editions…
|2011 (n=119)||2013 (n=155)|
|Favor a “Harvard-like” OA deposit mandate at Tufts||88%||89%|
|Would publish OA if didn’t have to pay personally||81%||86%|
|Would publish OA if available in their field||75%||80%|
|Know OA journals are peer-reviewed||58%||64%|
|Know about the pilot project POAF||36%||33%|
|Published in an OA journal in the Directory of Open Access Journals||22%||25%|
|Know they can often put pre-prints on Tufts websites||NA||21%|
|Paid author fees to publish in an OA journal||11%||13%|
View more Open Access Faculty Awareness Survey results!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Black doctors have dealt with distrust and misperceptions for more than a century. https://t.co/aSSCiVOc88 about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We have everything you need! Make a gingerbread house! https://t.co/HSqqggiW0z about 7 hours ago from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Heroin deaths surpass gun homicides for the first time, CDC data shows https://t.co/Wqc29o327w about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BostonGlobe: Spotlight report: The hidden cost of a broken mental health care system.https://t.co/XoFcdoJVVc https://t.co/HWYdcJHYpY about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimeswell: Should the Food Industry Sneak Vegetables Into Food? https://t.co/UZ8BhdsTiq 11:42:30 AM December 08, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - US life expectancy declines for first time in 20 years https://t.co/jrCoGOLXY5 09:25:46 AM December 08, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook