In February 2013, the director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy released a memo directing major federal funding agencies to develop plans to make the published results and digital data sets of federally funded research freely available to the public within one year of publication. Agencies with R&D budgets of more than $100 million, including NIH, NSF, NEH, USAid, among others are impacted. This directive dovetails with the recent bipartisan public access bill FASTR introduced into both the House and Senate. It is also in line with the mandate already in place by NIH, but expands to include data, not just journal articles. (Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post about open data!)
The exact details of how this will roll out are still forthcoming, but, rest assured, various groups at Tufts are monitoring developments. We are looking forward to working with our researchers to comply with the federal requirements as they are established.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Reading Novels at Medical School https://t.co/vJtt38rcT2 via @nytimeswell 12:43:17 PM June 24, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Out down that cake! BBC News - Office cake culture is 'danger to health' https://t.co/ZNesxTNMJ8 08:10:41 AM June 24, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Via @NPR: Bad News For Kids Who Don't Like Flu Shots https://t.co/fIQPA7114G 12:55:29 PM June 23, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you know what Hirsh Library used to look like?...Think Pink! #tbt | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/hh2Y4TjS7T 12:19:56 PM June 23, 2016 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Springfield Zoo monkey still on the lam: ‘Dizzy’ the monkey still on the loose in Springfield zoo https://t.co/iUaRIcnxEa via @BostonGlobe 11:46:52 AM June 23, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TEDTalks: "Only an estimated 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood." https://t.co/g1S3LGNhki 11:44:01 AM June 23, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook