In February 2013, the director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy released a memo directing major federal funding agencies to develop plans to make the published results and digital data sets of federally funded research freely available to the public within one year of publication. Agencies with R&D budgets of more than $100 million, including NIH, NSF, NEH, USAid, among others are impacted. This directive dovetails with the recent bipartisan public access bill FASTR introduced into both the House and Senate. It is also in line with the mandate already in place by NIH, but expands to include data, not just journal articles. (Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post about open data!)
The exact details of how this will roll out are still forthcoming, but, rest assured, various groups at Tufts are monitoring developments. We are looking forward to working with our researchers to comply with the federal requirements as they are established.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Asst. Prof. Pei-Jung Lin finds 1 in 10 Alzheimer's patients at risk for avoidable hospital stays: https://t.co/sUyVPnkI… about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HarvardChanSPH: Making it easier to calculate the costs—and benefits—of immunization https://t.co/OFC3M87Uf1 https://t.co/GtwCDmN05q about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: “A population eating less meat than we eat now would, generally, feed more people,” Tufts' Christian Peters: https://t… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Sunburns and even suntans may increase your chance of skin cancer. How to protect your skin: https://t.co/CK5kp2YLNx https://t.… 02:43:22 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DannyD_310: A little veggie chemistry for your weekend https://t.co/sfTdAK4oLY c/o @sciam 01:37:44 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: The right way to run. WATCH https://t.co/zMgl0HEPC1 @NYULMC #HealthWatch https://t.co/4c18d7lWYy 12:37:41 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook