In February 2013, the director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy released a memo directing major federal funding agencies to develop plans to make the published results and digital data sets of federally funded research freely available to the public within one year of publication. Agencies with R&D budgets of more than $100 million, including NIH, NSF, NEH, USAid, among others are impacted. This directive dovetails with the recent bipartisan public access bill FASTR introduced into both the House and Senate. It is also in line with the mandate already in place by NIH, but expands to include data, not just journal articles. (Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post about open data!)
The exact details of how this will roll out are still forthcoming, but, rest assured, various groups at Tufts are monitoring developments. We are looking forward to working with our researchers to comply with the federal requirements as they are established.
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: Happy 120th birthday, Floating Hospital for Children! On July 25, 1894, Boston Floating Hospital was born on a rented … about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Bottlenecks in Training Doctors http://t.co/TbfGFaZi4X Family/primary care is in demand! Consider Maine Track & have rewarding career about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Leonardo da Vinci, Neuroscientist http://t.co/ELOVmmNQbz about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: The next #Tufts Century Ride will be September 21! Open to students, staff/faculty, alumni. Info & registration: http:… about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WorldSciFest: The monstrously long oarfish is a wonder, yet little is known about it. From @scifri: http://t.co/muCu08N9Ur http://t.co/… about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Shades Of The Middle Ages: The Plague Popped Up In China And Colorado http://t.co/GAvlGE8cOi 11:23:52 AM July 24, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook