In February 2013, the director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy released a memo directing major federal funding agencies to develop plans to make the published results and digital data sets of federally funded research freely available to the public within one year of publication. Agencies with R&D budgets of more than $100 million, including NIH, NSF, NEH, USAid, among others are impacted. This directive dovetails with the recent bipartisan public access bill FASTR introduced into both the House and Senate. It is also in line with the mandate already in place by NIH, but expands to include data, not just journal articles. (Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post about open data!)
The exact details of how this will roll out are still forthcoming, but, rest assured, various groups at Tufts are monitoring developments. We are looking forward to working with our researchers to comply with the federal requirements as they are established.
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Returning to Higher Ed Library Social Friday 9/19 | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/mfCcxGtVEt about 4 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: Parents' whooping cough vaccines may protect babies http://t.co/bHYcf5JlZx about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciencemagazine: The Haitian govt has unveiled an ambitious plan to eradicate cholera w/i 10 yrs http://t.co/fI82T5qAKs #globalhealth … about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Philip Morris Sues Uruguay Over Graphic Cigarette Packaging http://t.co/cKv8a8PfE9 09:00:42 AM September 15, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us in 510! @TEDMED Session 8, "Weird and Wonderful" is about to begin! #TEDMED2014 #TEDMEDLive 11:00:16 AM September 12, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TEDMED: "Play Is Not A Waste Of Time." Join us for a session filled with imagination and inspiration through the extraordinary power of… 04:33:45 PM September 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook