In February 2013, the director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy released a memo directing major federal funding agencies to develop plans to make the published results and digital data sets of federally funded research freely available to the public within one year of publication. Agencies with R&D budgets of more than $100 million, including NIH, NSF, NEH, USAid, among others are impacted. This directive dovetails with the recent bipartisan public access bill FASTR introduced into both the House and Senate. It is also in line with the mandate already in place by NIH, but expands to include data, not just journal articles. (Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post about open data!)
The exact details of how this will roll out are still forthcoming, but, rest assured, various groups at Tufts are monitoring developments. We are looking forward to working with our researchers to comply with the federal requirements as they are established.
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @sciam: How Hot Was Summer 2014? http://t.co/CV7uaHgAQq about 57 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: Photos: Ireland's most picture-perfect spots http://t.co/gnX88x29bD about 59 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Applying for #PCORI funding? The deadline for letters of intent is one week from today! Get info & help here: http://t.co/dR… about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: The 1010 Mass Ave #Farmstand is open TODAY 1130-2. Farm-fresh veggies! Info at http://t.co/6TiHJRKsA3 http://t.co/yURFcm… 09:12:30 AM August 29, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Please note that we have reduced hours on Monday, September 1st for Labor day. The library service desk will be open from 12pm-7pm. 09:05:52 AM August 29, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The elevator is now working again. Thank you for your patience. 11:49:35 AM August 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook