In February 2013, the director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy released a memo directing major federal funding agencies to develop plans to make the published results and digital data sets of federally funded research freely available to the public within one year of publication. Agencies with R&D budgets of more than $100 million, including NIH, NSF, NEH, USAid, among others are impacted. This directive dovetails with the recent bipartisan public access bill FASTR introduced into both the House and Senate. It is also in line with the mandate already in place by NIH, but expands to include data, not just journal articles. (Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post about open data!)
The exact details of how this will roll out are still forthcoming, but, rest assured, various groups at Tufts are monitoring developments. We are looking forward to working with our researchers to comply with the federal requirements as they are established.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation Clinical Key ClinicalKey congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day PubMed resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- TBBC event: A Career in Venture & BD without an MBA, with Dr. Sweeney, Tue, March 18, 5PM in Sackler 114W. For info: http://t.co/L71MWGrbtN. about 13 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nnlmpnr: New Drug Information subject guide. National Library of Medicine answers most frequently asked questions http://t.co/vIULYhthBb about 13 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NIH_ORWH: .@theNCI scientist Dr. Elaine Jaffe on balancing career & life, p. 29 http://t.co/cU5WFXfaaL #WomensHistoryMonth http://t.c… about 13 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- http://t.co/1zz6n3JuKp St. Paddy's Day fun on the way- vote Mon & help us win BotB! @TuftsDental @JMHNRCA @NutritionCerts 09:52:08 AM March 12, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsTech: Vaxess has been selected as ViE Award finalist for #silk based #vaccine stabilization technology: http://t.co/YdzgdAGm7j 09:51:37 AM March 12, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Happy World Wide Web anniversary! http://t.co/rdbiJyYHY9 Submitted 25 years today: "Information Management: A Proposal." #vagu… 09:46:03 AM March 12, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook