In February 2013, the director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy released a memo directing major federal funding agencies to develop plans to make the published results and digital data sets of federally funded research freely available to the public within one year of publication. Agencies with R&D budgets of more than $100 million, including NIH, NSF, NEH, USAid, among others are impacted. This directive dovetails with the recent bipartisan public access bill FASTR introduced into both the House and Senate. It is also in line with the mandate already in place by NIH, but expands to include data, not just journal articles. (Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post about open data!)
The exact details of how this will roll out are still forthcoming, but, rest assured, various groups at Tufts are monitoring developments. We are looking forward to working with our researchers to comply with the federal requirements as they are established.
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new resource open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Bhaskar Chakravorti of @FletcherSchool and @IBGC_Fletcher discusses bitcoin and the future of money: http://t.co/OoXHG… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Rock, paper, scissors, shoot! http://t.co/kHOkbzTget about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: Summer means warm weather, but it also means those pesky mosquitoes are back! Prevent bites this week http://t.co/qJogkL… 02:44:53 PM July 10, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Still wondering about Monday's tornado alerts? Learn more about TuftsAlert and how it works http://t.co/kY9D2rKjK0 via… 10:57:18 AM July 10, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Coming soon…a new 6th floor classroom! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/QXtpNz3Crd 09:10:16 AM July 10, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsPR: Secondhand smoke as dangerous for pets as humans, @tuftsvet study finds http://t.co/JJqr5QM6F4 06:05:47 PM July 09, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook