The Hirsh Library salutes George Q. Daley, MD, PhD, who will speak at the 8th Annual Jeffrey Isner Lecture on Wed., Nov. 6. at 4pm in the Sackler Auditorium. For a description of his work on stem cells in development and disease, see his HHMI page, which links to a list of his works on PubMed. To read the full text of an article that is not in the public domain, glean its PMID (at the bottom of the record), plug it into PubMed@Tufts, click on its title, and link out to the PDF with the blue Tufts Electronic Holdings icon.
A paragon of the biological literature, Dr. Daley is on the editorial board of the journals Science, Cell, Cell Stem Cell, Stem Cells, and Blood. He is also one of the most cited authors in the biomedical literature. An author search of Web of Science sorted to show his most cited papers shows:
- His 1990 Science paper with David Baltimore re: the induction of CML with the P210BCR/ABL gene has been cited 1527 times.
- His 2007 Nature paper, “Reprogramming of human somatic cells to pluripotency with defined factors” has been cited 1270 times.
By clicking Create a Citation Report, one can see that he has been cited by others 21,432 times, has an average of 62.5 cites per article published, and an H-index of 71. For an explanation of the H-Index, please see our guide, Bibliometrics for Authors.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTHealth: Germs in the subway are the harmless kind https://t.co/Sz7p3hDMGz about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Putting Breast Cancer on a Diet https://t.co/lHJhMUCPfO via @nytimeswell about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you have any plans for 4th of July Weekend? We have some ideas for you! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/Og55ivrGOI about 4 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- An N.Y.U. Study Gone Wrong, and a Top Researcher Dismissed https://t.co/nKNgscPpov about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Did you know that #TaiChi can help alleviate knee pain? Read more about the new Tufts study: https://t.co/B0LIJEPfvr #… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AHRQNews: "Undermining a small but important federal health agency is a dangerous gamble" by @MLMillenson via @statnews https://t.co/Uo… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook