The Hirsh Library salutes George Q. Daley, MD, PhD, who will speak at the 8th Annual Jeffrey Isner Lecture on Wed., Nov. 6. at 4pm in the Sackler Auditorium. For a description of his work on stem cells in development and disease, see his HHMI page, which links to a list of his works on PubMed. To read the full text of an article that is not in the public domain, glean its PMID (at the bottom of the record), plug it into PubMed@Tufts, click on its title, and link out to the PDF with the blue Tufts Electronic Holdings icon.
A paragon of the biological literature, Dr. Daley is on the editorial board of the journals Science, Cell, Cell Stem Cell, Stem Cells, and Blood. He is also one of the most cited authors in the biomedical literature. An author search of Web of Science sorted to show his most cited papers shows:
- His 1990 Science paper with David Baltimore re: the induction of CML with the P210BCR/ABL gene has been cited 1527 times.
- His 2007 Nature paper, “Reprogramming of human somatic cells to pluripotency with defined factors” has been cited 1270 times.
By clicking Create a Citation Report, one can see that he has been cited by others 21,432 times, has an average of 62.5 cites per article published, and an H-index of 71. For an explanation of the H-Index, please see our guide, Bibliometrics for Authors.
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Don’t let bacteria score at your #SuperBowl party! Use these tips to stay on the defense against foodborne illness: htt… about 40 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Unfamiliar with our scanners? Check out the new Ask Leo! http://t.co/OIysJ4Zf9h about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're open today, so come to our Open Workshop! We do them every Thurs @ noon in SK510. Today's topic: PubMed. http://t.co/g4rXxLO160 about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Hirsh Library is back to normal hours today, January 29th. Welcome back! about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The library won't be staffed tomorrow Wed 1/28 but the Sackler building will be open. For more closing info visit: http://t.co/RrFZy7aovB 09:27:15 PM January 27, 2015 from Mobile Web (M5) ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Tufts will be closed on Wednesday, January 28, due to the winter storm. Some services will be open. More details: http… 09:18:36 PM January 27, 2015 from Mobile Web (M5) ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook