The Hirsh Library salutes George Q. Daley, MD, PhD, who will speak at the 8th Annual Jeffrey Isner Lecture on Wed., Nov. 6. at 4pm in the Sackler Auditorium. For a description of his work on stem cells in development and disease, see his HHMI page, which links to a list of his works on PubMed. To read the full text of an article that is not in the public domain, glean its PMID (at the bottom of the record), plug it into PubMed@Tufts, click on its title, and link out to the PDF with the blue Tufts Electronic Holdings icon.
A paragon of the biological literature, Dr. Daley is on the editorial board of the journals Science, Cell, Cell Stem Cell, Stem Cells, and Blood. He is also one of the most cited authors in the biomedical literature. An author search of Web of Science sorted to show his most cited papers shows:
- His 1990 Science paper with David Baltimore re: the induction of CML with the P210BCR/ABL gene has been cited 1527 times.
- His 2007 Nature paper, “Reprogramming of human somatic cells to pluripotency with defined factors” has been cited 1270 times.
By clicking Create a Citation Report, one can see that he has been cited by others 21,432 times, has an average of 62.5 cites per article published, and an H-index of 71. For an explanation of the H-Index, please see our guide, Bibliometrics for Authors.
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @tuftsctsi: Applying for #PCORI funding? The deadline for letters of intent is one week from today! Get info & help here: http://t.co/dR… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: The 1010 Mass Ave #Farmstand is open TODAY 1130-2. Farm-fresh veggies! Info at http://t.co/6TiHJRKsA3 http://t.co/yURFcm… about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Please note that we have reduced hours on Monday, September 1st for Labor day. The library service desk will be open from 12pm-7pm. about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The elevator is now working again. Thank you for your patience. 11:49:35 AM August 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Welcome back Jane Natches | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/il7JXViMVT 10:32:28 AM August 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The central library elevator is currently out of service so please use another one for the time being. We apologize for the inconvenience. 09:32:09 AM August 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook