The Hirsh Library salutes George Q. Daley, MD, PhD, who will speak at the 8th Annual Jeffrey Isner Lecture on Wed., Nov. 6. at 4pm in the Sackler Auditorium. For a description of his work on stem cells in development and disease, see his HHMI page, which links to a list of his works on PubMed. To read the full text of an article that is not in the public domain, glean its PMID (at the bottom of the record), plug it into PubMed@Tufts, click on its title, and link out to the PDF with the blue Tufts Electronic Holdings icon.
A paragon of the biological literature, Dr. Daley is on the editorial board of the journals Science, Cell, Cell Stem Cell, Stem Cells, and Blood. He is also one of the most cited authors in the biomedical literature. An author search of Web of Science sorted to show his most cited papers shows:
- His 1990 Science paper with David Baltimore re: the induction of CML with the P210BCR/ABL gene has been cited 1527 times.
- His 2007 Nature paper, “Reprogramming of human somatic cells to pluripotency with defined factors” has been cited 1270 times.
By clicking Create a Citation Report, one can see that he has been cited by others 21,432 times, has an average of 62.5 cites per article published, and an H-index of 71. For an explanation of the H-Index, please see our guide, Bibliometrics for Authors.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- New DynaMed Mobile Instructions | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/FmxXnuWDeN http://t.co/8h97dGRY2D about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Food and nutrition in numbers 2014 http://t.co/AIDO2DPXe0 02:20:19 PM February 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: The truth about cracking your neck http://t.co/2FIWj6NhmL 11:30:19 AM February 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @medlineplus: Wondering where you can get more information about rare diseases? Join the #NIHchat tomorrow, 2/25 at 2:30 ET 01:47:46 PM February 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Interested in a music video contest open to health professional students? Leo can help! http://t.co/uctA4bv6Mb http://t.co/d6kaCqQ2kI 11:56:48 AM February 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The morning commute saw temperatures around -1F! Maybe we should move to Mars! http://t.co/VhkeueiVMa Bundle up out there! 11:40:58 AM February 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook