On Monday, November 18, 2013 at noon in the Behrakis Auditorium, the Program in Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics will hold a seminar tribute to Peter Ofner, Ph.D., M.R.S.C. who passed away in May.
Hirsh librarians were privileged to assist Dr. Ofner with his frequent forays into the biomedical literature. Whether he was looking for evidence on the adverse effects of Corexit sprayed to disperse the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico or some e-pub-ahead-of-print on PubMed, his enthusiasm for the hunt was infectious. As a longtime facilitator in the TUSM Problem-Based Learning Program, he was instrumental in the creation of a resource handbook to improve the research process on learning questions. The handbook has since morphed into our PBL Toolbelt.
Irwin Leav, DVM will give a biographical introduction to the Seminar Tribute, followed by a presentation by Ann M. Rasmusson, MD: “GABAergic Neuroactive Steroids in Stress Adaptation and Recovery.” Click here for the full announcement.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Many Psychology Findings Not as Strong as Claimed, Study Says http://t.co/eKoSaKazmn 09:10:00 AM August 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef? - Consumer Reports http://t.co/nSYea1JrXl 12:23:04 PM August 27, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Collaboration Room Pilot Updates | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/MSAqXeRPOY 12:08:33 PM August 27, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Five more industry-funded studies with expected results. Score: 47 to 1 http://t.co/ADAt6ldhd3 12:52:42 PM August 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - Low vitamin-D genes linked to MS http://t.co/Twj6YDNoVR 12:19:28 PM August 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Adjunct Prof. Susan Blumenthal on options for a new health ecosystem in the @HuffingtonPost: http://t.co/tVLnbNX8AM 11:34:53 AM August 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook