On Monday, November 18, 2013 at noon in the Behrakis Auditorium, the Program in Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics will hold a seminar tribute to Peter Ofner, Ph.D., M.R.S.C. who passed away in May.
Hirsh librarians were privileged to assist Dr. Ofner with his frequent forays into the biomedical literature. Whether he was looking for evidence on the adverse effects of Corexit sprayed to disperse the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico or some e-pub-ahead-of-print on PubMed, his enthusiasm for the hunt was infectious. As a longtime facilitator in the TUSM Problem-Based Learning Program, he was instrumental in the creation of a resource handbook to improve the research process on learning questions. The handbook has since morphed into our PBL Toolbelt.
Irwin Leav, DVM will give a biographical introduction to the Seminar Tribute, followed by a presentation by Ann M. Rasmusson, MD: “GABAergic Neuroactive Steroids in Stress Adaptation and Recovery.” Click here for the full announcement.
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: New system treats back, joint, and limb pain through electrical pulses rather than drugs http://t.co/5PV7oIo2vY @TuftsP… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprnews: Just in time to be snowed in: Keep warm with beloved books, from @nprbooks http://t.co/IkGDIXjMnY about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're still open until 5pm today, but Tufts University is CLOSED tomorrow 1/27/2015. Check for news & updates: http://t.co/a4Zx3xheAR about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: The university will be closed on Tuesday, January 27, due to the winter storm. More info: http://t.co/4ppelLO2Zt about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We will close @ 5 pm today in anticipation of the #blizzardof2015. Stay safe & warm & check our blog for updates: http://t.co/5rxosGONgH about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @cbquist: Today in 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman to earn a medical degree in the United States. http://t.co/Cr0RuqIF5t 03:36:05 PM January 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook