On Monday, November 18, 2013 at noon in the Behrakis Auditorium, the Program in Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics will hold a seminar tribute to Peter Ofner, Ph.D., M.R.S.C. who passed away in May.
Hirsh librarians were privileged to assist Dr. Ofner with his frequent forays into the biomedical literature. Whether he was looking for evidence on the adverse effects of Corexit sprayed to disperse the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico or some e-pub-ahead-of-print on PubMed, his enthusiasm for the hunt was infectious. As a longtime facilitator in the TUSM Problem-Based Learning Program, he was instrumental in the creation of a resource handbook to improve the research process on learning questions. The handbook has since morphed into our PBL Toolbelt.
Irwin Leav, DVM will give a biographical introduction to the Seminar Tribute, followed by a presentation by Ann M. Rasmusson, MD: “GABAergic Neuroactive Steroids in Stress Adaptation and Recovery.” Click here for the full announcement.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Doctors Getting ‘Pimped’ https://t.co/QLZ8c84agu via @nytimeswell about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Our least experienced doctors are dangerously tired https://t.co/1zWEZGGdJF via @HuffPostScience https://t.co/8Lmu8nYQ7v about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Evaporated Cane Juice? Puh-leeze. Just Call It Sugar, FDA Says https://t.co/i6tgm4R71f about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: What it’s like to be one of the few doctors left in war-torn Syria https://t.co/7T59zZ6PMC https://t.co/WdWoO59abB about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Could Alzheimer’s Stem From Infections? It Makes Sense, Experts Say https://t.co/FfDSw7U8Pl 03:06:43 PM May 25, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Memorial Day Weekend Hours | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/mtXKykDLoi 02:55:27 PM May 25, 2016 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook