On Monday, November 18, 2013 at noon in the Behrakis Auditorium, the Program in Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics will hold a seminar tribute to Peter Ofner, Ph.D., M.R.S.C. who passed away in May.
Hirsh librarians were privileged to assist Dr. Ofner with his frequent forays into the biomedical literature. Whether he was looking for evidence on the adverse effects of Corexit sprayed to disperse the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico or some e-pub-ahead-of-print on PubMed, his enthusiasm for the hunt was infectious. As a longtime facilitator in the TUSM Problem-Based Learning Program, he was instrumental in the creation of a resource handbook to improve the research process on learning questions. The handbook has since morphed into our PBL Toolbelt.
Irwin Leav, DVM will give a biographical introduction to the Seminar Tribute, followed by a presentation by Ann M. Rasmusson, MD: “GABAergic Neuroactive Steroids in Stress Adaptation and Recovery.” Click here for the full announcement.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Psychology Is Not in Crisis http://t.co/EOffFh8zMr 08:21:23 AM September 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @wgbh: Watch two talks from the great writer and neurologist #OliverSacks, presented by the @ForumNetwork: http://t.co/lHE35t8RX1 02:03:40 PM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ginakolata: Cholesterol dilemma with new drugs. http://t.co/Fr1JNJ3O18 01:21:58 PM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Summer of Science | How Often Is B.M.I. Misleading? | http://t.co/trLSbOgEbG http://t.co/zfWBKOiMOp 09:32:45 AM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remembering Dr. Oliver Sacks: Via @NPR: Oliver Sacks Was A Boundless Explorer Of The Human Brain http://t.co/G0LvTiVtmp 08:49:18 AM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Many Psychology Findings Not as Strong as Claimed, Study Says http://t.co/eKoSaKazmn 09:10:00 AM August 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook