On Monday, November 18, 2013 at noon in the Behrakis Auditorium, the Program in Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics will hold a seminar tribute to Peter Ofner, Ph.D., M.R.S.C. who passed away in May.
Hirsh librarians were privileged to assist Dr. Ofner with his frequent forays into the biomedical literature. Whether he was looking for evidence on the adverse effects of Corexit sprayed to disperse the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico or some e-pub-ahead-of-print on PubMed, his enthusiasm for the hunt was infectious. As a longtime facilitator in the TUSM Problem-Based Learning Program, he was instrumental in the creation of a resource handbook to improve the research process on learning questions. The handbook has since morphed into our PBL Toolbelt.
Irwin Leav, DVM will give a biographical introduction to the Seminar Tribute, followed by a presentation by Ann M. Rasmusson, MD: “GABAergic Neuroactive Steroids in Stress Adaptation and Recovery.” Click here for the full announcement.
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Join Dr. Dan Jay at Aidkeman Arts Center 9/25 5-7:30PM for the opening of his art show "Archemy: Chemical Drawings" http://t.co/DOSZflRwaG about 5 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOOS: Walking is not only good for the environment -- it provides many benefits for your physical health! http://t.co/MO5StQG1oK #s… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: In California, Less Water Means More West Nile Virus http://t.co/VHTt32kMVZ about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: How to get your research published: The BMJ's tips: http://t.co/yKiQAWBsio via @YouTube about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Today at 2p ET: Why did humans evolve to have a variety of faces? http://t.co/3cVrPr2Tgn http://t.co/VItpCRhKmY 12:17:09 PM September 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nlm_news: It's Whole Grains Month! Are you eating enough? Check out these recipes & more: http://t.co/D9q83Ivmyw 09:51:03 AM September 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook