You may have recently heard about a new feature related to PubMed called PubMed Commons. The Commons was imagined as a place for researchers to provide thoughtful comments or commentary on published items found in PubMed. From NCBI:
“… this service is an initiative of the NIH leadership in response to repeated requests by the scientific community for such a forum to be part of PubMed. We hope that PubMed Commons will leverage the social power of the internet to encourage constructive criticism and high quality discussions of scientific issues that will both enhance understanding and provide new avenues of collaboration within the community.”
Who is eligible?
- Those who have a published abstract, article, review, letter, editorial, etc. indexed in PubMed
How can I participate?
- Sign up for a MyNCBI account if you don’t already have one
- Get an invite:
- Check to see if your email is already in the database of eligible participants by going here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedcommons/join/
- OR ask a colleague already active in the Commons to send you an invite
- OR send your first and last name and .edu email address to a librarian, and it will be submitted as a list for NCBI to register (then use the link above)
- After signing up, log in to your NCBI account before you begin browsing/searching PubMed
- You will then see a link on every abstract view that allows you to add a comment to that record
- You cannot comment anonymously
- Comments are monitored by the community and can be flagged/reported as inappropriate
- More Guidelines can be found here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedcommons/help/guidelines/
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Don't forget to stop by the Library Service Desk this afternoon and make a Mardi Gras mask! about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlumni: .@TuftsMedSchool student Jessica Evans-Wall makes poetry with sick children to help them cope with illness. https://t.co/c… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: New report finds surprising shift in life expectancy results https://t.co/zn35qO9vcY https://t.co/1L91ethhba about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Library Fun Lab: Mardi Gras Masks, Thu 2/23 and Fri 2/24 | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/qrWH9Ru1QC 10:58:39 AM February 22, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Save the date for the #PL4H workshop. https://t.co/7fsacyzevE. Registration is now open! https://t.co/IuH0vtS4o4 12:06:43 PM February 21, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NIH: Excited to have some of our patient groups join #NIHchat! @RareDiseases @EveryLifeOrg @GlobalGenes @TheChildrensInn will be there.… 11:18:25 AM February 21, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook