The library fondly remembers Dr. Richard Blacher, a generous advocate of the library who had a great interest in his field and treated all with kindness and humor. He passed away peacefully at Tufts Medical Center last night, January 16th 2014.
Dr. Blacher practiced psychiatry at Tufts Medical Center and in Waban, Mass. for over 65 years. After graduating from the University of Rochester School of Medicine in 1948 he did his residency in Psychiatry at NYU and Mount Sinai Schools of Medicine. During his illustrious career at Tufts, “Dick” became nationally known for his contributions in the psychiatric care and counseling of patients with cardiac disorders. He was an integral part of Tuft’s heart transplant program, and the hospital and his colleagues will dearly miss him.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Memorial Day Hours http://t.co/eMPK8M9S0n http://t.co/G5kt2UiNUV about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out this pic - very fun! https://t.co/W8teHs34vN about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One Town Is Going to Try Not Arresting Heroin Users http://t.co/ny4GrvRoy4 via @tnr 09:38:47 AM May 21, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsPR: What's the deal with GMOs? #Tufts nutrition expert Alice Lichtenstein weighs in http://t.co/3gI3RI698G (via @CNN) 08:33:58 AM May 21, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- David Sackett | Clinical Epidemiology Pioneer Dies https://t.co/kuluG81jnB via @sharethis 02:51:34 PM May 20, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: Well: Scientists Unravel How Flu Vaccine Reduces Risk of a Cancer http://t.co/EZ660IREFv 12:30:53 PM May 20, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook