The library fondly remembers Dr. Richard Blacher, a generous advocate of the library who had a great interest in his field and treated all with kindness and humor. He passed away peacefully at Tufts Medical Center last night, January 16th 2014.
Dr. Blacher practiced psychiatry at Tufts Medical Center and in Waban, Mass. for over 65 years. After graduating from the University of Rochester School of Medicine in 1948 he did his residency in Psychiatry at NYU and Mount Sinai Schools of Medicine. During his illustrious career at Tufts, “Dick” became nationally known for his contributions in the psychiatric care and counseling of patients with cardiac disorders. He was an integral part of Tuft’s heart transplant program, and the hospital and his colleagues will dearly miss him.
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsCSDD: In Boston on Aug. 25th? Don't miss the free event hosted by Tufts CSDD and @ManhattanInst http://t.co/fJugV6lOtl http://t.co… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @stefaniei: I yawn. You yawn. Animals and babies yawn. One possible reason why: Our brains are too hot. http://t.co/A85E0khwDD http://t.… about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Liberian musicians raise #ebola awareness through this catchy (sorry, no better word for it!) song via @nprnews http://t.co/FwsUsTUwCd about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Under10 Lunch Spotlight: Momogoose and Saté | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/9B1BECAKof 10:01:20 AM August 19, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Read Cora Roelofs' thought-provoking editorial on climate change in the American Journal of Public Health. http://t.co/… 01:54:48 PM August 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimesscience: The 2 Americans with Ebola are providing valuable data as they heal in Atlanta http://t.co/zmafSFH3V2 10:34:30 AM August 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook