We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsDental: Can't wait to catch up with our #alums at the @YankeeDental Alumni Reception tonight! http://t.co/ml2UKeo2uz 03:34:36 PM January 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Registration now open for Friedman's Future of Food and Nutrition student research conference: http://t.co/bU7SSyPiXA h… 02:31:02 PM January 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlert: On Wed Feb 4 there will be a test of @TuftsAlert. Visit http://t.co/egKA0uYv9h now to make sure your contact info is up to … 09:51:05 AM January 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Don’t let bacteria score at your #SuperBowl party! Use these tips to stay on the defense against foodborne illness: htt… 02:50:48 PM January 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Unfamiliar with our scanners? Check out the new Ask Leo! http://t.co/OIysJ4Zf9h 10:57:56 AM January 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're open today, so come to our Open Workshop! We do them every Thurs @ noon in SK510. Today's topic: PubMed. http://t.co/g4rXxLO160 10:15:40 AM January 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook