We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at email@example.com so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @LillyMusicLib: It's OA (Open Access) Week! Where is your fave place to find free music for projects? Here's one of ours: https://t.co/a… about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our Top 10 Reasons to Publish #OpenAccess | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/pyg71yvtXx about 10 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- To celebrate #OpenAccessWeek, come create a button or magnet using public domain images! At the library service des… https://t.co/0maUjY0uZx about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy #OpenAccessWeek! #oaweek16 https://t.co/tbsEtFBqGk about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BOS311: Early voting starts today and ends Nov 4! Find a location near you: https://t.co/0nx8ZaXQNq #VoteEarlyBoston https://t.co/Ru4Zm… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We got more pumpkins! Come and paint! https://t.co/UtAqDkt9kj 12:05:25 PM October 21, 2016 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook