We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at email@example.com so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Tufts researchers are "among the first to examine what children bring to school for lunch and snack." @TuftsMedSchool h… about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Learn how #NewEngland #weather affects your #health from @TuftsCTSI PhDcandidate Nira Hadar. SK114E Tomorrow@ 12:30pm http://t.co/BMmkYCOKbk 03:37:54 PM July 22, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TuftsMedSchool @tuftsctsi @TuftsDental @JMHNRCA Read library licensed journal articles on your tablet w/BrowZine http://t.co/fQgshwWab3 03:23:23 PM July 22, 2014 from Twitter Web Client in reply to TuftsMedSchool ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're ready to tackle the @TuftsOOS #GreenOfficeCertification Challenge! Our office is good at being green, but we're aiming for platinum! 01:00:42 PM July 22, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Tomato season is upon us. If their juicy taste alone doesn't tempt you, read about their myriad health benefits http://… 10:25:31 AM July 22, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BrowZine now Available: View Journals Directly from your Tablet! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/fQgshwWab3 09:18:44 AM July 22, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook