We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at email@example.com so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Quick Summer Treats! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/ybz9ioN2mX 10:02:08 AM July 02, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Tufts Prof Sam Sommers talks sports and psychology on @SInow's "Your Brain on Sports" podcast https://t.co/eDB6bRxeca 02:28:00 PM July 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Congrats to @TuftsDental prof Daniel Green who is receiving the American Assoc of Endodontists' 2016 IB Bender Lifetime Educator Award! 11:46:24 AM July 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Independence Day Weekend | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/IjOdnaR2aJ http://t.co/E6Tkv84jKU 11:32:15 AM June 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BostonGlobe: If this Tuesday feels like the longest Tuesday since 1992, that's because it is. #leapsecond http://t.co/fSVY3J2Cji http:… 09:54:12 AM June 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Sugary drinks linked to 180,000 deaths a year, Tufts study says: http://t.co/G9rEwhRhP9 09:23:21 AM June 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook