We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at email@example.com so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @statnews: Fasting before a cholesterol test is no longer necessary, new guidelines say https://t.co/q7kPAAt3ni https://t.co/QtdmpulxGq about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Advocacy groups sue FDA to disclose more information about its expert panel members https://t.co/aVnDQPVEW6 (fixed) https://t… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- See what librarians can be up against! Weeding the Worst Library Books https://t.co/qcVZJffa9M via @newyorker about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: See @juliaoftoronto's terrific analysis of why exercise isn't enough for weight loss. https://t.co/0XYLLUtaVf about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - E-cigarettes should be offered to smokers, say doctors https://t.co/fQmJvs8fSc 08:15:50 AM April 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - Brain's 'atlas' of words revealed https://t.co/ICuGA4EBnS 02:40:55 PM April 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook