We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- The Surprising Failure of Calorie Counts on Menus https://t.co/fEU3gl50AI via @UpshotNYT about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ARRRR MATEY! Scurvy (really) is an under-recognized health problem that is trivial to treat. https://t.co/Xtxzh6gUlW via @slate about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Food fight erupts as top nutritionists gather to define healthy eating https://t.co/wMc5gaVsp8 via @statnews about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Should we edit the human germline? A debate on hubris, equity, and vision https://t.co/F34YlYw1ky via @statnews about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Short Answers to Hard Questions About Climate Change https://t.co/f2V5SdD8P6 about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New database from @AHRQNews tracks hospital readmission rates. Learn more: https://t.co/SvHM9VfdtV 09:47:52 AM November 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook