Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTHealth: When memory fails, delight in the moment https://t.co/BVm2UNFu8J about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: Walking 30-60 mins a day greatly reduces your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes. #NationalWalkingDay https://… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: U.S. #hepatitisC deaths hit all-time high https://t.co/yNz4WLVBco via @CNN about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsvet: Gypsy Gold, a TINY horse that does animal visitation therapy through Tufts Paws for People, has a huge impact: https://t.co/F… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsPR: #Tufts researchers find silk keeps fruit fresh without refrigeration https://t.co/pTkt91Yypq https://t.co/JGyrnRN2Pi about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @US_FDA: It's Older Americans Month! Take some time to take a look at FDA’s Food Safety for Seniors. https://t.co/P4S3yfcXQO https://t.… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook