Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NPRHealth: Doctor Yearns For Return To Time When Physicians Were 'Artisans' https://t.co/iKEGO7eRCC about 32 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Cash prizes for pharma are needed to fight superbugs, says @pharmalot https://t.co/dJI4AaDKiV https://t.co/T3pIu80TUA about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: Does glyphosate (Roundup) cause cancer? https://t.co/JupVboqi5G about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @wgbhnews: Report: NFL Sought To Influence Study On Brain Injuries https://t.co/RyMQUT35Zk https://t.co/J9ickMMb1N about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: Great Q&A with @Aging_Reserch on sarcopenia: https://t.co/RXmbbo2YxP #NutritionAging about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: Curious about what new products are coming? See https://t.co/sZdSIiCG1M about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook