In celebration of World Health Day 2014 and the start of National Public Health Week, Tufts PHPD is hosting a day-long event in the Wolff Auditorium at Tufts Medical Center:
Optimal nutrition during the first 1,000 days of life can have an enormous impact on a child’s ability to grow, learn and rise out of poverty. The health, stability and development of entire communities is built on this basic requirement. Learn how government, the private sector, and civil society have partnered in Guatemala to reduce maternal and child malnutrition by implementing cost-effective actions that optimize nutrition in these vital first 1,000 days.
The exhibition will be open all day in the Atrium and lobby of the Wolff Auditorium.The symposium will run from 3:00pm-5:00pm and will be followed by a formal reception from 5:00pm-7:00pm.
Keynote speakers include Dr. Patricia Palma de Fulladolsa. Dr. Sarbattma Sen, Dr. Odilia Bermudez, and Mr. Alejandro Biguria.
Other events for Public Health Week:
Tuesday 4/8, 12-1pm: Panel on Disaster Relief–SK114
Speakers include: Professor Peter Walker, BSc, PhD, Professor Fernando Ona, PhD, MPH, Professor Monica Onyango, PhD (BU), Dr. David Schwarz (State of MA Animal Response Team)
Wednesday 4/9, 12-1pm: Discussion on Vaccines–M&V 105
Speakers include: Professor Christine Wanke, MD, Professor Marcia Boumil, MA, MS, JD, LLM
Thursday, 4/10 12-1pm: Healthy Eating —SK 320
Lisa Caldwell (Whole Foods) will be doing a food demonstration on healthy snacking.
Friday 4/11, 12-1pm: Review of Public Health–PHPD Lounge
Public Health Week #ShowTuftsYourPublicHealth Photo Competition Celebration
You can find more information about the photo contest and the schedule of events here.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @bmj_latest: "Celebrity based medicine may be fact-free." @mgtmccartney on how well intentioned stories urging action may harm https://t… about 3 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: It’s National Meat Month! Celebrate by cooking your meat & poultry to a safe internal temp! #FoodSafety https://t.co/ie… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Tufts study finds integrating nutrition into wellness programs reduces financial & societal cost of aging population h… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GreenTufts: Did you know? You can instantly download or request paper copies of our @TuftsUniversity #sustainability guides! https://t.… 11:07:19 AM January 20, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: .@TuftsDental faculty reviewed former US presidents' smiles. Can you tell who is who? Take the quiz! https://t.co/EZUe… 08:50:16 AM January 20, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Medical Book Drive for the Syrian Refugee Crisis | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/KJ3patSF6C 12:41:08 PM January 19, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook