Join us at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for another open workshop this Thursday, from noon-1pm, in Sackler 510. This session will be focusing on learning one of our many useful databases – Ovid. All Tufts community members are welcome to attend, and we allow snacks so you don’t have to go hungry!
Ovid Medline 101
Searching the medical literature more precisely can save you time and energy. Come spend 45 minutes exploring and searching Ovid’s MEDLINE database. In this hands-on class, we’ll focus on:
- Formulating and performing a subject search
- Applying basic filters
- Accessing full text articles
- Sending lists of results to yourself
This is a class designed for users new to Ovid – PubMed users welcome! Space is limited, so be sure to arrive promptly for a seat!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @Reuters_Health: Dr. Heimlich had to use his namesake maneuver for the first time this week - aged 92. https://t.co/tnfBVl4e87 https://t… about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - Zika crisis: Rio Olympics 'should be moved or postponed' https://t.co/rQ4FCaQoHd about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Is Virginia Health Insurer's Decision To Drop Bronze Plans An Omen? https://t.co/h8FPmhZ6nn about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Major US study links cellphone exposure to cancer — at least in rats https://t.co/oZ8IvFiTrx via @statnews 09:12:48 AM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- CVS MinuteClinics: A Cure For Long Wait Times At Veterans Affairs? https://t.co/mbbnm1G8OX via @khnews 08:40:46 AM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Infection Raises Specter of Superbugs Resistant to All Antibiotics https://t.co/LEFCTz4akv 08:16:04 AM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook