We are pleased to announce the creation of two research guides that highlight some of our archival materials. Funded by an Express Library Digitization Award from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region, they contain images and links to full-text articles from the library’s collection of materials regarding Tufts’ role in the community-health- center movement and the Jewish physicians who joined the Tufts faculty as a result of the “German Brain Drain” in World War II. We encourage you to visit these guides and experience the rich history of Tufts University School of Medicine!
Boston to Mound Bayou: Columbia Point & Delta Health Center
With its establishment of the Columbia Point Health Center (Boston, MA) and Delta Health Center, Inc. (Mound Bayou, MS), Tufts helped launch the community-health-center movement. This guide features background information about the community-health-center movement as well as materials related to the pioneering work of TUSM faculty members H. Jack Geiger and Count Gibson.
Excellence in Exile: German Emigré Physicians at TUSM
The materials in this guide pertain to the following TUSM faculty members: Alice Ettinger, Joseph Igershiemer, Gerhard Schmidt, and Siegfried Thannhauser.
Image credits: Tufts University
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Fun! RT @HealthyBoston Tomorrow 7-8PM FREE Salsa@ O'DayPlayground in #Southie Get fit w/@BostonParksDept http://t.co/aXRkGrqAcV #BostonMoves about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Why Can’t You Remember Being a Baby? http://t.co/xT9cdu33PU about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Congrats to the @TuftsDental Student National Dental Association! They won Small Chapter of the Year at the SNDA Convention in New Orleans! about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- See what our summer intern has to say abt working w/HHSL! Brief Reflections of a Library Intern by June Thammasnong http://t.co/zsqKBCqLup about 8 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Fistbumps may be good for your health! They transfer fewer germs than handshakes, says new study VIA @ReutersHealth http://t.co/swqF105S5g 01:08:12 PM July 29, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Your favorite skeleton is back with the answers to your #library questions in #AskLeo Ep.2 | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/doMTZOqvLS 10:28:03 AM July 29, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook